How did UG get started? if a mod knows or something it would be nice for you to tell me.

Because me and my friend made a forum and need some help(I won't post the name because it would be spamming) but we need help, so thanks in advance for anyone who helps.

EDIT* and funny stories that will make me laugh on how UG was started will be acceptable I guess...

EDIT2* Serious answers are still acceptable too xD
Last edited by andy331 at Jul 20, 2008,
Bible, UG translation.

Genesis 1:1

In the beginning of zappp's creation of ultimate and guitar, the internet was without form and empty... zappp said, 'Let there be lulz.'

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Last edited by Zero-Hartman at Jul 20, 2008,
In the beginning there was nothing...

...which exploded.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
when a guitar forum and an ultamite forum love each other very much...
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Somebody realized that /b/tards can play Guitar, and, here we are.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
UG's been around since the beginning of time give or take a couple years.

Quote by ShredGod George

Oh c'mon if you're unsure how to spell ultimate, look at your address bar!
Quote by ShredGod George

I like this new guy.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by drunkinkoala
UG's been around since the beginning of time give or take a couple years.

Oh c'mon if you're unsure how to spell ultimate, look at your address bar!

its 2 Am here, im no longer responsible for my spelling, but everybody got the forums humping joke, so mission accomplished
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by ShredGod George
its 2 Am here, im no longer responsible for my spelling, but everybody got the forums humping joke, so mission accomplished

you are forgiven, time is a exception.
Quote by andy331
aww too bad no serious posts..but it was good for some laughs
I thought mine had some truth to it
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
google and wiki are your friends, dude.

1 - google using the following keywords: ultimate guitar wiki

2 - read the wikipedia article about UG.

3 - ?????????

4 - PROFIT!!!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by QuiatFat
The Big Bang.

Of Zappps Mommy and Daddy.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
google and wiki are your friends, dude.

1 - google using the following keywords: ultimate guitar wiki

2 - read the wikipedia article about UG.

3 - ?????????

4 - PROFIT!!!

Golden!
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

Quote by visa
That made absoulutely no sense how do you tie your shoes in little nazi's?
zappp started ug. he is the olny one who gets paid for being on it, at least i think, cause of all the addvertisments. i think he dose more with the music fourms then the pit. but all i know is he is the King of UG. end of discussion
It started as a single cell, and continues to divide; The traits X, or "UG Black" vs x, "UG Classic", and Y, or "40posts per page" vs y, or "20posts per page" continue to spread and procreate.
How is it started?

Ultimate Guitar Archive was started on October 9th, 1998 by Eugeny Naidenov (aka zappp) - a student of economic faculty of Kaliningrad State University, Russia. The first title of the site was Zappp`s Guitar Archive and it had just a handful amount of guitar tabs by 10 artists ...though it was started just as a home page!

As the site grew, interest to the site from guitar enthusiasts grew as well. In 2002 we've registered ultimate-guitar.com domain name and slowly started to build our own database of guitar and bass tabs. Till 2003 Ultimate-Guitar.Com was nothing more than a public library of over 20,000 tabs. In 2003, we've significantly improved the site with a number of unique (by that period!) features, like user profiles, quite fast and accurate tabs database search and tab favorites. By that time we've launched Ultimate Guitar Forum which has became one of the coolest things on the site with over 2 million overall messages posted and over 200,000 members registered!

Who we are now?

Currently, Ultimate-Guitar.Com is the fastest growing guitar community on the net -- it's the only guitar website that has gear and cd reviews, music news, guest columns, guitar and bass lessons and tabs in one place! And don't forget about the coolest guitar community of guitarists on the planet!
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
It was during the cold war when soviet union needed desperately something more greater then the western countries. During that time Zappp greated UG and soviet union collapsed!
鋼の錬金術師
Quote by Just Andrew
Somebody realized that /b/tards can play Guitar, and, here we are.

Because that's what UG was like 10 years ago
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Hmmm . . . I thought that UG was a result of the all-mighty smiting that God gave unto Satan in the before time.
Quote by duncang
Because that's what UG was like 10 years ago

Holy shit! UG really is 10 years old, I didn't realise that.

I was about to mock you, and say I doubt UG is that old... But luckily I checked.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
It all began with the ancient technique of seeping...

+pi for reference

didnt some guy misspell sweeping when asking about sweep picking, thats all i remember though
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
how long after the creation of UG forum did it take for the pit to become what it is today?
Last edited by gir vs wild at Jul 20, 2008,
Quote by gir vs wild
how long after the creation of UG did it take for the pit to become what it is today?

Well, I'm not so sure about UG. But I am pretty sure that the pit was slipped from the loins of Satan oh . . . sometime in the mid 00's (naught's?)