Nirvana's pretty much my fav band ever and Kurt Cobain is my hero. I'm just scared that i might listen to them a little bit too much and that I unconsciously start ripping off their style and stuff as a musician. Have you ever felt that way about them or any other band? What did/would you do if so?
Dude, Cobain can't play guitar.
Period.
Listen to some blues for christ's sake.
Or some metal.
Or some jazz.
Or some folk.
Anything but f***ing Nirvana.
"Love truth, Pardon error."-Voltaire

My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Gibson Black Beauty
Schecter Avenger
Mesa Triple Rectifier
Marshal 1962 4X12 cab
Dunlop Jazz III's
Sometimes I feel like I rip off the Red Hot Chili Peppers too much, but then I just go listen to Miles Davis or something. Trust me, I used to be a total Nirvana whore and wrote in a very "grungy" style, i.e. very simple riffs and stuff. Don't worry about it, man, just listen to more music, mainly in genres other than Grunge/'90s music.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
thats harsh dude, but even though yeah nirvana was good try to open your horizon and listen to different types of music, cause yeah if nirvana is your favorite band then its gonna show in your music but if you start taking influence from (just and example) :The Mars Volta, The Killers, Gym Class Heroes, you get the point, then your music will be original as opposed to clones of Bleach

just look and Metallica and Trivium, thats a no no
Quote by ThroughtheHaze
Dude, Cobain can't play guitar.
Period.
Listen to some blues for christ's sake.
Or some metal.
Or some jazz.
Or some folk.
Anything but f***ing Nirvana.

"I can't play guitar like, say, Segovia...but on the other hand, Segovia can't play guitar like me."
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...