If you had to pick a Fender tube amp, preferably one still in production as opposed to vintage, which would you say was best and why?

It is kind of an idle question, but kind of serious at the same time. I wonder how many on this forum have experience with Fender amps, and am kind of interested which amp would score the highest marks. Fire away!
Last edited by WingedMan at Jul 20, 2008,
fender twin reverb

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I've been hearing Twin Reverbs at a lot of concerts lately and must say they sound AMAZING. If I ever need an amp for that kind of sound, that'd be the amp I'd buy.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Played a few reverbs, and i still like my bassman better + it's got way better stage presance .

Yeah, like a little more bite to my clean tone than a reverb gives
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Well, I haven't tried the reverb, but my favourite is the blues deluxe, very nice loooks and amazing tone.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
a used twin reverb lol

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

If you have that budget, go for a vintage.

I've always been a fan of Blackface SR's, those are my favorite era/type of fender amps, but if you can get a good twin, go for it!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
'63 Vibroverb RI, Hey it's the best one for me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 20, 2008,
My old friend Jeff's, 1968 Fender Pro Reverb ( Super Reverb Amp head with 2 12's, Combo , stock by Fender) not many around ever ,......but can go from fender clean to down right MARSHALLY ( new word!) Big ass kicker in a small "HEAVY " package!
I LIKE IT RARE!
My favorite fender amps of all time depend on what I want to do. For gigging distortion the 57' twin for it's great midrange grint and grit. For on stage cleans it would be the super reverb because it's got the scooped mids and blackface chime. For Harmonica I like the Pro amp because the tweed curciut and 15" speaker works great for big low end and distortion you need for blues harp.. For recording I like the fender princton because it can be overdriven without being too loud and the 10" speaker helps get rid of the fizzyness that is typicall of fender overdrive.

Of the modern fender amps the 4x10 blues Deville is my favorite because it's cleans have a nice sparkle and it handles distortion better than the 2x12. What I don't like about the blues deville is that it's clean tone doesn't have the bass of a blackface which means you cant get a "bell like chime".

I'm not a fan of any of the reissue stuff because most of it uses different circuits that are meant to handle distortion better but it doesn't work and they use the wrong transformers and printed circuit boards which make your blackface style lows sound very muddy.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Jul 20, 2008,
Quote by CorduroyEW

Of the modern fender amps the 4x10 blues Deville is my favorite because it's cleans have a nice sparkle and it handles distortion better than the 2x12. What I don't like about the blues deville is that it's clean tone doesn't have the bass of a blackface which means you cant get a "bell like chime".

I play through a HRDeville, its about 800-900 I believe, and I think its a great amp but it stays clean way too far into it's crank. The wattage is too high, but in my opinion, a 2x12 HRDeville is the closest tone you'd get to a Twin Reverb without going all the way.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by NORAMACTIVE
My old friend Jeff's, 1968 Fender Pro Reverb ( Super Reverb Amp head with 2 12's, Combo , stock by Fender) not many around ever ,......but can go from fender clean to down right MARSHALLY ( new word!) Big ass kicker in a small "HEAVY " package!

marshally is not a new word. and seriously... that font is REALLY annoying...

The Twin Reverb is my favourite, but only because its the only high end fender amp i've used.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by NORAMACTIVE

haha

haha

Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
I prefer the SR's, because they have a good amount of clean headroom, but they don't have so much that it's painful to crank.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I was going to say a 5150 3 but that is no longer an option with the $1000 price range
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Depends on what your after:

For cleans the Reverb is great,
for rock sounds a bassman is great
57 tweed style amp has amazing lead and rythem tones (Keef, pete townshend and clapton)
the fender concert and supersonic are great for distorted tones and clean tones (fantastic amps).
the '65 twin reissue had great cleans for jazz before i sold it, but it was heavier than sh*t.
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns