Recently, I've been getting electrocuted when I play guitar. I have played through different amps and changed cables but I'm still getting shocked.

Can anybody help me out and tell me what the hell it is and/or how to fix it?

Thanks, gang.
just jerk off!
haha but in all serious-ness, its most likely the guitar. smash it, and buy a new one.
or sell it to some unlucky chump.
Quote by lockless7x
somthings not grounded check to make sure the amps have the third prong and also if ur pluggin into an extension chord or somthing like a surge protecter look for that third prong

Everything is grounded. I just brought my amp to a buddies house and plugged in yet I'm still getting shocked...

It's not a bad shock, but I can feel it and it is affecting my playing. It's most noticable when I strike a power chord...
try putting on shoes

im not kidding it worked for me

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

check your grounds in your guitar, especially the pickup grounds, make sure they're on the pots right. Also make sure the ground from the input jack is grounded to the bridge or pots.
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
Guitar's ground wire, man.

Another example, my parents decided to go ghetto and break the ground plug off so they could operate the fridge, but in doing so, you would get a mild shock of your bare skin touched a part of the kitchen floor that wasn't covered by linoleum like the cracks in between.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
check the ground wire in the guitar and make sure it hasn't come loose.

Yep. If you have a trem open up the back and see if the wire has come off of the "claw". Most TOM's the ground will be in the input. If its just the ground its an easy fix, just $0-$5 if you have a tech do it.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
this may not be necessary for you, but you can always make sure your hands and the guitar are dry.
sweaty hands are a common cause of getting electrocuted while playing.
if you have actives, c heck they are wired and grounded propperly to the strings and input jack
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
Do you lay down on carpet a lot?
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive