My acoustic guitar just snapped. It was a $400 guitar. I have a show August 2nd. Since it snapped, I kinda want to upgrade, but I don't have any funds whatsoever til after that show. My electric is a Washburn Les Paul. Do you think it's okay to use an electric to play an acoustic set or do you think it'd be frowned upon and I should just borrow someone's acoustic til further notice?
There's nothing wrong with it, really, but it will sound different. I'd recommend borrowing another guitar.
yes it's fine I'm broke as f/uck right now so thats what i do
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
you can do either or, but if it's being billed as an acoustic set then you should borrow an acoustic really.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
If any of your friends play acoustic guitar, I suggest you ask them for a loan for the show. If not, just plug in and play, who's going to look down on you for it?
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
what do you mean by snapped?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
you can do either or, but if it's being billed as an acoustic set then you should borrow an acoustic really.

+1

If people are going to show up expecting to hear acoustic guitar, and instead get a dude playing electric, it is going to piss them off, and the difference in sound would be pretty significant.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Not if he plays it clean it won't.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Not if he plays it clean it won't.

YEs it will, acoustic and electric guitars tend to have a pretty noticeable difference in tone and dynamic response.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Is the damage bad?Snapped headstocks are usually fixed pretty easy,just glue it,clamp for a day.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Shawnstoppable
My acoustic guitar just snapped. It was a $400 guitar. I have a show August 2nd. Since it snapped, I kinda want to upgrade, but I don't have any funds whatsoever til after that show. My electric is a Washburn Les Paul. Do you think it's okay to use an electric to play an acoustic set or do you think it'd be frowned upon and I should just borrow someone's acoustic til further notice?

go for it. clean electric sounds nice. stick it on the neck pickup, put on some reverb and you are set.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
YEs it will, acoustic and electric guitars tend to have a pretty noticeable difference in tone and dynamic response.

Not enough of a difference to be an issue in practical terms though - if I go to an "acoustic" gig and there's a bloke playing metal riffs through a Bogner Ecstasy I'll be disappointed...although at the same time excited by the sight of the Bogner Ecstacy. If someone's playing an amplified clean electric I wouldn't bat an eyelid, punters are even less likely to care or notice.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If he had the money, he could probably get himself the Acoustic Simulator pedal by Boss. It's $110 but worth the investment, I guess.
try n borrow an acoustic, if you can't, then use your electric AND EXPLAIN THE SITUATION TO THE CROWD, then only a real **** would complain