Page 1 of 2
I'm in a band now which is my first....and its surprisingly hard to find a drummer and lead singer...we got a rhythem guitar and bass....but no body around here can play drums...or sing...was it this hard for you all to start ur first band?
Equipment Fund: $947
SAving for Marhall DSL100 Half stack

Gear
Epiphone LP Standard
Starcaster by Fender
Marshall MG30DFX
VOx Pathfinder 15R
Vox Wah
drummers are usually the hardest to find
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
im in the same situation as you sirz
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Your crying like a baby to the pit....You have pretty much ruined it for yourself.
I am in a sort of band, but just like you we're lacking a drummer and a singer, for the singing we decided we're just going to give it a try by doing it ourselves, that means me, rhythm guitarist, en the bassist. But for a drummer it is a lot more difficult to find someone because most parents don't allow their kids to drum. Our band has 3 guitarists at the moment, of which one wants to drum and is quite talented for it, but he just can't play because of his parents.
The hardest things to find are Bassists and Drummers. That's what I found anyway.
Yeah, seems like there's alot of people in a situation like this, I'm in a member needing situation, I play Rythem guitar and do vocals, and I found somone who's gonna be my bassist, but I need a drummer/lead guitarist.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
ya that's something i found weird too, alot of ppl play guitar but nobody really wants to do lead....
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Your crying like a baby to the pit....You have pretty much ruined it for yourself.
LOL my best mate from the start was a drummer. so it was easy for us. We also got a bass player pretty quick. like 1 week after starting band. I'm on lead/rhythm guitar. We only have 1 guitarist e.g me... The only hard thing is trying to find a good death metal vocalist. I do it myself and have done it live and on a couple of recordings. But I'm only good at low growls and not high screams... . Good luck you guys on finding a drummer.
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Quote by byakuya08
ya that's something i found weird too, alot of ppl play guitar but nobody really wants to do lead....

I don't really wanna play lead because 1: I suck at solo's and really fast playing, and 2 I generally suck at playing, so I know lead and vocals is too much to take on.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
I might possibly have a cover band going, and I have a drummer and two guitarists, but I think finding a 14-16 year old singer is gonna be the toughest >.>

Edit: Oh, and our possible bassist is a complete noob lol
I will more than likely never return to any thread I post in, so don't bother replying to me.
Mate singers are a bastard to find
My Gear:

Fender 2008 American Series Standard Stratocaster
Hand Made Acoustic Guitar (made by my uncle)
Epiphone Limited Edition G-400 with maestro trem
BOSS DS-1
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah
Peavey Bandit
I just left letters behind at music stores etc. look on the internet. you'll find one eventually
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by byakuya08

lol from day one we couldn't decide on who we wanted as lead me or my friend...so i've just been studing scales, and those hard to pronouse words that make u sound intelligent at what ur doing, in the race to lead i'm kinda winning.....but i got the cruddest gear.....more than him tho
Equipment Fund: $947
SAving for Marhall DSL100 Half stack

Gear
Epiphone LP Standard
Starcaster by Fender
Marshall MG30DFX
VOx Pathfinder 15R
Vox Wah
Quote by byakuya08

who the hell doesn't want to do lead ? i always do it whenever possible, i think it's way more fun than rhythm guitar.
Quote by The red Strat.
who the hell doesn't want to do lead ? i always do it whenever possible, i think it's way more fun than rhythm guitar.

ya i like lead alot too, but the ppl i know and alot of ppl at my school just cover acoustic songs and just work on chords, so at my school its pretty tough to find someone who doesnt wanna do rhythm
Quote by AtThisVelocity
We got tons of drummers down in Whakatane, New Zealand. Singers seems to be the problem for me, no one wants to sing rock. all the singers are into RnB or pop and all the bassists, guitarists and drummers are into rock for some reason. I'll probably just end up singing but i'm not great so oh well
I was asked to join in my first band, except as a bassist (I play guitar), which I happily complied with as I view bass as a fun instrument to play, although we were more of a poppish band, considering we had a female lead singer.

After that band broke up, the guitarist in the old band and I wanted to start a metal band, as that was our favourite taste in music. We invited the drummer from the old band and he was happy to play metal. We then asked our friend (who was a half-assed guitarist) to play bass and share vocals with me, which he did. We added a keyboardist, they're pretty easy to find and we're doing great.
I kinda lucked out and got in like a band with the best bunch of 15 year old shreaders out there haha.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
My first was easiest but I SUCKED DONKEY TESTICALS so bad, but now I'm in my third or fourth band and it's easy, just go hang out down town, I hang out at Ben & Jerry's and my local pizza place with my guitar or I just talk to people there.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
I'm in a situation like that
I've just started up a band; but the lead singer wont practice, whenever we organise it, she doesnt.
+ we have no drummer. >_<
well i have three guitarists, one is on bass, and me and my friend are both on guitar, both rhythm/lead, kinda like a prog-type thing goin on we play stuff like Dream Theater, Opeth, BTBAM, and maybe like some Coheed and Cambria and then some thrash stuff then more deathy stuff like Necrophagist and Death, so finding a vocalist for what we want in my area is gonna be TOUGH. Everyone here wants to be in a Lynyrd or .38 cover band lol, so drums and vocals are SUPER HARD for me to find.
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
the first band is usually the easiest to start because its just a group of friends that want to play instruments for fun... its when you finally realize that you're complete **** and want to start a band of more talented musicians to challenge yourself... thats when its hard to find members
drummers are pretty hard to find
mind you so are rythym guitarists where i come from
coz 90% of the popularity are neds
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
mine was pretty easy, some of my friends and i were playing instruments at this one guys house, and all of a sudden i started playing hendrix's version of wild thing on guitar and everyone else just kinda played along and we decided to start a band
I was in this boat I luckily knew A kid who played bass I had way to many friends who did guitar and yes I do guitar to. I was walking by with my friend talking about how we needed a drummer then a kid we kinda knew came up out of no where saying we had a drum set and could play. It was like a miricle from god. As for singer me and my friend switch off.
my first band has been 2 years in the making and we still haven't started anything yet.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
im starting a band and for us the bassist is hardest to find. nobody we know has a bass. :P Im in percussion in our schools band so drummers are a dime a dozen. Hard to find a singer too so we've decided to just have whoever can sing the best do it and switch off for different songs
Are you from England? Cos i know NME has a section for people wanting to start a band. You just gotta search local publications and things like that, put up flyers in your local music/record store for what you're looking for etc. etc. Easy enough Good luck with it all
I hate to break the trend, but what i call a band now only has a bass and drummer haha
Starting my band was easy as pie.
Well, I didn't actually start my band. I found an ad here on UG for a bassist and drummer in the next town over who needed a guitarist.
were im from its hard to find bassists but there are loads of drummers. there are people who can sing but its wether they want to or not thats the problem
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
insanely difficult.. we had one gig with everyone and then our drummer had to move out of state soo.. we kinda just stopped playin as a band.. still buds though..
Make a joyful noise.

Guild M-30

Peavy Audition 110 amp hey, i'm actually proud of this one.
boss ME-50
www.iamterrified.com
singers are easy to find. just check out the choir at school, and you'll usually find a winner.

as for drummers.. well as of yet i have no solution other than hope someone knows someone who knows someone etc etc until you find one.

and bassists, i usually look for a guitarist that is willing to play bass too.
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
The first band I was in I didn't really want to be in. Thank god we broke up around a year ago. Now I'm in a band called 4th Degree Burn.

We're still looking for a singer though. We've just been playing me doing vocals/lead guitar, but once we get a little bigger we're going to start looking for some decent vocalist.

(To Dunjma The problem with trying to find a singer that's in choir is if you're a heavier band. They maybe be able to sing well but do you think they would ever think about screaming? No.

Not saying your idea was bad. Just saying if you're in a band where it's only singing, then looking for someone in choir is a good idea.
I joined my first band as a replacement guitarist, so for me at least it was really easy.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
It wasn't hard at all. i just asked a couple of guys come to play in the music class in school and then we rented a place where to play. I am the founder and the most experienced player in the band.
thats kinda the point of founding a band tho isn't it? it's supposed to be hard, coz thats kinda what bands are...

****ing hard to keep managed.
Page 1 of 2