So iv wateched john pertruci's rock discipline and played through it a thousand times, are there any other good ones floating around?
Last edited by HethaHORRIFIC at Jul 20, 2008,
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC
So iv wateched john pertruci's rock discipline and played through it a thousand times, are there any other good ones floating around?

If you've mastered every exercise on that video, I'll give you a virtual dollar.

Seriously, post a video of you playing some of the alternate picking, legato and sweep runs at full tempo if your so good.
Quote by Lrn2shrd69
If you've mastered every exercise on that video, I'll give you a virtual dollar.

Seriously, post a video of you playing some of the alternate picking, legato and sweep runs at full tempo if your so good.

of course i cant play all of it.

i just do the best i can.

so nobody knows of any others then?
Quote by Lrn2shrd69

I for one, can take it when someone does something that I can't.

Anyway, TS, check out GuitarMasterclass, the guy that owns the site, Kristofer Dahl, does some good lessons on shred runs, blues licks, you name it, he's probably got it on there. Only downer is you've got to play for a yearly or monthly subscription, to be able to view all lesson videos.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
the lesson petrucci did for guitar world about combining hybrid picking and legato is certainly worth a look. I found it useful anyway.
I am so tired of rhetorical questions. Or am I?
Quote by Lrn2shrd69

He never said that he had mastered all if any of the exercises on the video. You are a douchebag.

Joe Stump has released a couple. Speed Kills by Michael Angelo Batio is good.
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC
of course i cant play all of it.

i just do the best i can.

so nobody knows of any others then?

Excuse my being a smart arse. I was just kidding and I know how ****ing hard some of those licks are!

I can give you a huge list:

*Michael Angelo Batio Speed Kills 1, 2, 3
*Michael Romeo: The Guitar Chapter
*Yngwie Malmsteen: Hot Licks Guitar Lessons
*Rusty Cooley: Extreme Pentatonics
*Rusty Cooley: The Art of Picking
*Rusty Cooley: Shred Guitar Manifesto
*Kiko Loureiro: Na Video Aula - Los Melhores Solos E Riffs Do Angra
*Todd Duane: Shred-O-Mania
*Alexi Laiho: Young Guitar DVD - Alexi Laiho
*Paul Gilbert: Intense Rock
*Jason Becker: Hot Licks

Hope this helps and NSW FTW!

EDIT: And to the guy who suggested GMC, yeah I agree. I'm a member there and it's pretty damn sweet! All styles are covered and all levels of difficulty catered for.
Last edited by Lrn2shrd69 at Jul 20, 2008,