Looking at buying a new amp and/or effect pedals and I need some input. I mainly play hard rock such as Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Seether, etc. (flame the thread if it pleases you). I currently live in an apartment so low volume playing would be ideal. However, I would like to crank it up once in awhile, even if that means I'm playing in my garage. My main guitar is a Schecter C-1 Plus. Price range isn't too much of a factor here as I just graduated from college this last May and working full time. Would a tube amp be better or a distortion pedal(s) such as a Boss ML-2 with a solidstate amp work for my setting? Any input on other neat effects would be intriguing as well. Thanks in advance!
Epiphone valve Jr (or Senior) + OD?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Thanks for recommendation, I'll look into the Epiphone, I've heard some good reviews from it.
ibanez tube screamer
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

Afterwards, Han Solo said "Great shot kid, that was one in a million!"
If the price range isn't that much of a problem, then why look into a valve junior...?

Live a bit, have a look at the ENGL screamer 50 combo. You might like that.
Read some reviews and hear some demos of the Engl, sounds very very nice. Would have to order off of MusiciansFriend or something for this since none of the guitar shops around me carry it, which isn't a big deal, but would like to try before buying.
Quote by @rty
Read some reviews and hear some demos of the Engl, sounds very very nice. Would have to order off of MusiciansFriend or something for this since none of the guitar shops around me carry it, which isn't a big deal, but would like to try before buying.

If you get then ENGL, GET IT.
Them things are meant to be great.
But yeah, try it out first, it should be good.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by @rty
What about a Mesa Boogie Rectoverb?

I'd say ENGL.
But try out as many amps as possible.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
The Valve Senior combo, Crate V series combos, or a Peavey Classic 30 would probably be excellent for you. They all have master volumes or gain controls, which let you get overdriven tones at practice levels. They also will hold with a full 5 piece rock band, are easily portable in one hand, and are comparativly inexpensive to re-tube.
I know my local shop carries Crate and Peavey, I'll have to check them out for sure.