Got the idea from a guy over on HC and the schematic from runoffgroove.com. There's a good few tweaks in my circuit, mostly because I just used what parts I had!!
Let me know what you think of the amp, not my playing I know I suck already!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_qZHzuaxBU
Last edited by PaoloJM at Jul 20, 2008,

That's amazing, and there's nothing wrong with your playing. You're actually getting a great sound out of it.

I don't suppose you could PM me the schematic address, or tips, what parts etc.? (nutgrove.com seems to be the wrong address).
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Phill-Rock

That's amazing, and there's nothing wrong with your playing. You're actually getting a great sound out of it.

I don't suppose you could PM me the schematic address, or tips, what parts etc.? (nutgrove.com seems to be the wrong address).

Sorry dude, that should have read runoffgroove.com.
I built a customised version of the little gem.
I wanna make one, but I'd need an extremely dumbed down walkthrough guide.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
The schematic is really quite simple. I want to make either a Gem or a Ruby as a headphone amp. Paolo, do you happen to know what the output impedance is?
Quote by cedricsmods
The schematic is really quite simple. I want to make either a Gem or a Ruby as a headphone amp. Paolo, do you happen to know what the output impedance is?

I'm no expert but I don't think an op-amp has a fixed impedance. AFAIK, unlike a tube, it's able to deliver any required current to the load with-in a range. In the case of a 386 it's between 4 and 16 ohms I think.
Anyone else know for sure?

Yup the National Opamp data sheet for the LM386 confirms this.
Last edited by PaoloJM at Jul 21, 2008,
Awesome! Now I just need to make one too!

It doesn't say what type of speaker to use on the Ruby. Is it just a 4 Ohm and up?
Last edited by Ox Iceman at Jul 21, 2008,