Hey ugers.
I'm having trouble recording my guitar.
This is how I have it set up
Les Paul - Line 6 15 watt spider(lol stfu) - Record Out Jack - Mic in (PC)

EDIT: Sorry about any misunderstandings, I am using record out jack, I am NOT using a microphone.

However my microphone jack is not picking up any sound.
Nothing is muted or disabled - it's just not picking up any noise.
I am running my PC off vista (in b4 get XP) - this is my biggest problem as there is not much help on google with recording on vista as it is still fairly new.

Any Ideas?
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
Last edited by zacharydak at Jul 20, 2008,
Is that Mic set as the recording port? What are you using to record?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I'm pretty sure its set as the default Mic.
And also, it does not work in the line in port either/
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
I use the same set-up to record as well. Though instead of using a mic, try connecting the record out jack to the line-in or mic-in port on the comp directly with a cable. This is what I do and it works really well for me.

Cheers!

Quote by siddy_88
I use the same set-up to record as well. Though instead of using a mic, try connecting the record out jack to the line-in or mic-in port on the comp directly with a cable. This is what I do and it works really well for me.

Cheers!

Thats what I am doing, lol
Quote by IROBOTInferno
bump for halp
Quote by IROBOTInferno
And I'm using Audacity as the recording program.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Anyone got any ideas?
Quote by IROBOTInferno