Page 1 of 2
Yo, i just thought you guys would like to know about some real hardcore bands from the so called "Golden Age" of hardcore. Personally i think alot of HC bands these days suck, and its become "cool" to be a fan of hardcore. but whatever i wont preach. support your scene, cut your wrists, wear tight pants, do whatever it is that makes you happy.

if youre wondering why i chose DC, its because LA/SF has way too much stuff to list and i prefer the dc bands over boston/texas/NY.

heres some bands and must have albums.. unfortunately i cant supply you with mp3's because im in ****ing iraq in the army and my computer here got ****ed up and wiped my harddrive so all my music is back home on my other comp, but if you get the chance check this music out

ARTIFICIAL PEACE (later became MARGINAL MAN)
1982 WHAT WE WANT IS FREE
1982 FATHER'S DREAM

BAD BRAINS (also heavily associated with the NYHC scene)
1980 PAY TO CUM
1982 BAD BRAINS (RELEASED ON ROIR, THEN ALTERNATIVE TENTACLES)
1983 ROCK FOR LIGHT
you can also check out BLACK DOTS, and OMEGA SESSIONS, they're demos recorded in 1979, put out in the 90s'

BEAVER
1981 BEAVER

BLACK MARKET BABY
1981 POTENTIAL SUICIDE
1981 WORLD AT WAR
1983 SENSELESS OFFERINGS

THE FAITH
1982 FAITH/VOID SPLIT
1983 SUBJECT TO CHANGE

GOVERNMENT ISSUE
1981 legless bull
1982 make an effort
1983 boycott stabb
1984 joyride

GRAND MAL
1984 BINGE & PURGE

IRON CROSS
1982 SKINHEAD GLORY
1983 HATED AND PROUD

MARGINAL MAN
1984 IDENTITY

MINOR THREAT
1981 MINOR THREAT
1982 IN MY EYES
1983 OUT OF STEP
1984 SALAD DAYS

MISSION FOR CHRIST
1984 PENNIES FROM HELL

NO TREND
1982 TEEN LOVE 7"
1983 TEEN LOVE 12"
1983 TOO MANY HUMANS
1984 A DOZEN DEAD ROSES

NUCLEAR CRAYONS
1982 NAMELESS EP

SECOND WIND
1984 SECOND WIND

S.O.A.
1981 NO POLICY

TEEN IDLES
1981 MINOR DISTURBANCE

YOUTH BRIGADE (NOT THE ONE FROM LA!)
1981 POSSIBLE

Like i said i only listed bands with albums between 1980-1984, some of these bands flat out suck, there are a few good bands listen on the FLEX YOUR HEAD comp, but they didnt put out any albums (or at least between 80-84). im not trying to come off as condescending and tell you if you still listen to hardcore you suck, because i listen to a few newer bands, im just trying to show some of you guys the older music.. KNOW YOUR ROOTS!

ps if there was a thread just like this, then delete the old one (hah or this one, whatever) i didnt actually look.
well lets see MISFITS = NJ and BLACK FLAG = LA, im pretty sure this thread isnt about either one of those places?? if you dont care about DC or early hardcore then why are you posting?
Quote by China Groove
well lets see MISFITS = NJ and BLACK FLAG = LA, im pretty sure this thread isnt about either one of those places?? if you dont care about DC or early hardcore then why are you posting?

oh i thought misfits and black flag are in the same state because i heard they were good friends.
This thread is pretty pointless. Anyone who will be interested will already know these bands.

However, they are some good ass bands, especially Government Issue.
its good to see someone talking about the old school stuff for a change
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
get with the times, move on.

hardcore today is as real as any hardcore from the era you're talking about.
its just moved on, developed into something different.
its a natural progression in music.
lol have they ever posted again after this ?
see thats just it, you guys are missing the point, its not about being arrogant and me telling you your music sucks. theres a lot of kids who dont know about these bands, i didnt make this thread to start a war between old school hardcore and hardcore today, i just simply made it for those who might be new to hardcore and not know of these bands. so if you guys want to have silly internet flame wars you can take your **** somewhere else. now if you want to discuss these bands or have questions about them then im down to help share some knowledge.
I love early hardcore. Most of the new stuff is manufactured scene garbage. But i can appreciate this, so much passion.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

I've heard of most of those bands, and I will check out the ones I didn't. Both old school and modern hardcore have value. The fault I found with your post was the last part of the first paragraph, the whole "cut your wrist" thing. It was pretentious and annoying. There are plenty of posters in here who know their stuff, as well as idiots. So your condescending tone is unnecessary.
fair enough, ive been told by a lot of people, im an elitist prick, but i tried to tone it down, apparently i still need to work on my tactfulness.
New Oldschool-Hardcore Worth Listening to:

Government Warning, Bones Brigade, Limp Wrist, Hour Of the Wolf, Career Suicide, Annihilation Time, Vitamin X

And I'm pretty pissed that Slapshot isn't anywhere on your list Mr. Hardcore Guru.
coming to terms with an inevitable death.
Quote by China Groove

SECOND WIND
1984 SECOND WIND

Sounds exactly like Minor Threat.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
Quote by China Groove
see thats just it, you guys are missing the point, its not about being arrogant and me telling you your music sucks. theres a lot of kids who dont know about these bands, i didnt make this thread to start a war between old school hardcore and hardcore today, i just simply made it for those who might be new to hardcore and not know of these bands. so if you guys want to have silly internet flame wars you can take your **** somewhere else. now if you want to discuss these bands or have questions about them then im down to help share some knowledge.

fair enough, interpreted your point wrongly

there's a couple of bands i haven't heard of amongst your list
i need to do some record hunting by the looks of things!
Quote by Aveks
New Oldschool-Hardcore Worth Listening to:

Government Warning, Bones Brigade, Limp Wrist, Hour Of the Wolf, Career Suicide, Annihilation Time, Vitamin X

And I'm pretty pissed that Slapshot isn't anywhere on your list Mr. Hardcore Guru.

hahah i always thought slapshot were from boston. wonder how many other bands i have mucked up....
How about:

Scream
Deadline
Youth Brigade
Marginal Man
Government Issue
State of Alert
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
How about we all just listen to Siege instead.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
Quote by zayG

because they only have like 9 (very very awesome) songs
In response to various comment
Quote by hardrock1315
This thread is pretty pointless. Anyone who will be interested will already know these bands.

hey bro, I hope you realize that makes no sense. How do you find out about new bands? How did you get into music in the first place? Were your born with the knowledge of said bands or did someone introduce them to you? IE.. radio, parents, friends, internet, TV etc. Pretty much your post was worthless, thanks for wasting our time.
Quote by Aveks
I'm pretty pissed that Slapshot isn't anywhere on your list Mr. Hardcore Guru.

I would have posted slapshot but seeing as they’re from boston and they don’t fall under the 80-84 time frame it wouldn’t have made sense, nah im sayin?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Oh, god... now we've got classic hardcore elitists...

Thanks?
Quote by InstantAXonHero
How about:

Scream
Deadline
Youth Brigade
Marginal Man
Government Issue
State of Alert

well if you would have read what i posted you might have seen that youth brigade, marginal man, GI, and SOA are all on the list. futhermore deadline was one of the bands im not too familiar with, ive only heard them through the flex your head comp. and yes i forgot scream
Quote by zayG

once again this isn’t a thread about boston or any western mass band, this would be about DC

as the new hardcore guru of the ultimate guitar forums, i promise to make you guys proud and fill your heads with tons of nonsense about oldschool bands you couldnt care less about throughout the next coming weeks... cheers
Quote by China Groove

as the new hardcore guru of the ultimate guitar forums, i promise to make you guys proud and fill your heads with tons of nonsense about oldschool bands you couldnt care less about throughout the next coming weeks... cheers

oh mighty self-appointed preacher of old school pride, this is a Hardcore forum. Most people already knew about these bands and most of the scene kids will have seen American Hardcore on dvd by now.

DC was boring, NYHC is way better.
thats a pretty good cover might i say
Quote by China Groove
well if you would have read what i posted you might have seen that youth brigade, marginal man, GI, and SOA are all on the list. futhermore deadline was one of the bands im not too familiar with, ive only heard them through the flex your head comp. and yes i forgot scream

Sorry but I don't know anything about them bands either, I just ripped this CD with hella loads of said bands and I was just picking out a few.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
Red C. They were from DC, really tasty, and put out 1 demo in 81. Ceremony did a cover of one of there songs (Pressure's On) on their Violence album.

oh i like that song but i didn't know it was a cover
sounds like gilbert godfry is doing vox on it
True hardcore bands, no "scenexcore" bull****. Bands like Bane, Minor Threat, Black Flag, Youth Brigade is where it's at.
uggh where is Suicide Silence and Bring me the horizon on that list?

Dey is the best Hardcore bands effur! *sarcasm*

I like bands from all over reall SS Decontrol , Millions of dead cops, Circle Jerks , Sick of it all , Middle Class , Rhino 39 .

I could go on for ages
Passion Before Fashion

---------------------------------------------------------
Ibanez S470DQXM
Amp Fund 0/300
----------------------------------------------------------
Quote by China Groove

once again this isn’t a thread about boston or any western mass band, this would be about DC

I'd still rather listen to Siege.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
Yeah, I mean, if you spent the time to lurk a little more on here, you'd realize that most members that post on here know what real hardcore is, be it today or yesterdays hardcore. Sure, there's a few kids who wandered out of the Suicide Silence thread and are grateful for your guidance, but that's what the stickied threads are for. You do come off as quite arrogant, speaking towards everyone in the forum instead of just those who need it, but, again, if you had lurked you would realize there are stickied threads for this kind of thing, and that the majority of these posters know what hardcore is and what it means without your guiding light. For the most part you're just preaching to the choir, and I don't like how it comes off as thinking all the people in this forum are ignorant. That's all.
What a fucking goober. Plenty of people on here know about "real" hardcore.
You're only 20 years old. These bands are way before your time, you have no more of a clue than anyone else.
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
Quote by InstantAXonHero
How about:

Marginal Man

YES. Just got into them recently. A painfully underlooked band.
Quote by PDMChubby
Yeah, I mean, if you spent the time to lurk a little more on here, you'd realize that most members that post on here know what real hardcore is, be it today or yesterdays hardcore. Sure, there's a few kids who wandered out of the Suicide Silence thread and are grateful for your guidance, but that's what the stickied threads are for. You do come off as quite arrogant, speaking towards everyone in the forum instead of just those who need it, but, again, if you had lurked you would realize there are stickied threads for this kind of thing, and that the majority of these posters know what hardcore is and what it means without your guiding light. For the most part you're just preaching to the choir, and I don't like how it comes off as thinking all the people in this forum are ignorant. That's all.

"definition of lurk: lie in wait, lie in ambush, behave in a sneaky and secretive manner" (compliments of google)
so were you asking me to somehow ambush you? or were you telling me to search the forums all sneaky like? sorry bro but i dont lurk, maybe you could show me how its done? that would be swell, thanks.

Quote by to_the_grave
oh mighty self-appointed preacher of old school pride, this is a Hardcore forum. Most people already knew about these bands and most of the scene kids will have seen American Hardcore on dvd by now.

DC was boring, NYHC is way better.

well i havent seen it, and incase you havent read the rest of the responses apparently i am the hardcore guru (as noted by youz guyz). and about nyhc being better, its like i said, i made this thread cause i enjoy the DC bands the most, but to each his own.

Quote by nz_matt
What a fucking goober. Plenty of people on here know about "real" hardcore.
You're only 20 years old. These bands are way before your time, you have no more of a clue than anyone else.

damn dude you caught me! call the police, we found a poser!! i cant possibly know about hardcore cause im 20 years old.. dude your good. no seriously, your detective skillz just blow my mind, and how you can read minds and be able to tell what each person knows about a certain subject is seriously mind boggling. i salute you.
...and who says goober??

honestly, you guys are too easy. you have the most worthless complaints and cant even come up with decent insults. do you really not have anything better to do than go to from thread to thread trying to bash people? if you dont care about DC hardcore, then why bother even looking at this? im pretty sure i didnt trick you guys to looking at it, i thought the title pretty much explained itself. maybe i should dumb it down next time and just call it "for harDCore newbies only!!!" would that be better? im sorry if i gave you guys the impression that im arrogant or if i seem to have a condescending attitude. but to say im preaching to the choir is just silly, if even one person reads this then looks up some of these bands, and finds one they like, then whats the problem? isnt that the point of these forums, to introduce music to people, to find more sh*t to listen to\? so for those of you that actually gained something from this, then thats awesome and keep searching, because theres still hundreds of bands out there from 1980-1984 that got overlooked. and for those who got offended, my bad.. now get over yourselves, its just the f*cking internet
Page 1 of 2