Is there a specific grade (guitar grade for you Yanks) you have to be before you can start teaching guitar to others? I have loads of people that want me to teach them, but I'm only grade 4.

Thanks in Advance!
I think that as long as you know your basics you can begin to teach them to people who don't know anything at all.
Not really but to be part of like the teachers association i think you need to be grade 8 or diploma.. but this is guessing im not sure..
i think about my life,
and the midnight highway...
the life of a renegade
king

Member #7 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club! PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join
No you don't even need to have grade 1, but say if you are advertising that you are a guitar teacher I think people are more likely to go with someone who has a high grade. But, as you said, people are asking you to teach them so thats not much of a problem.
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Quote by kill_busted
Not really but to be part of like the teachers association i think you need to be grade 8 or diploma.. but this is guessing im not sure..

So if I'm just teaching locally, it will be fine, but if I start like a company or something I would need to be part of the teacher's association?
simple answer is:

as long as your better than the other guy teaching guitar it doenst matter.
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by clownphobia
You just gotta be 2 lessons ahead of your students

Simpsons quote?

You can teach whenever, just teach people who don't know anything. Theres no specific grade for just general private lessons.
Quote by nikhil101
No you don't even need to have grade 1, but say if you are advertising that you are a guitar teacher I think people are more likely to go with someone who has a high grade. But, as you said, people are asking you to teach them so thats not much of a problem.

Your sig is immense.
It depends, if you want to be a private teacher, or just a casual teacher to your friends, so long as you know the basics and are fairly good, then you can start teaching. If you want to be part of a music teachers... thing, then you'll probably need much more than you'll ever teach.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Quote by 100%guitarmad
So if I'm just teaching locally, it will be fine, but if I start like a company or something I would need to be part of the teacher's association?

exactly u can charge and teach but if ur in the teachers association they are regulated and advertised etc.. local teaching is no prob about grade at all.

i did drums and guitar to separate people inc. friends and its quite good way to get bit of beer moneyz
i think about my life,
and the midnight highway...
the life of a renegade
king

Member #7 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club! PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join
Quote by 100%guitarmad
Your sig is immense.

haha thanks. Oh yeah additionally I wanted to say I have given guitar lessons to friends but for free and I still havent taken any guitar grades, even though i probably should lol.
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
when I got a job teaching guitar I had to have a couple of references saying that I'd been playing for at least 8 years and I had to demonstrate my skills and teaching ability by playing examples of different techniques and giving a demo lesson. We don't have a grade system like that though (and a lot of school districts here don't even consider music to be a real subject) so I have no clue how that would play into it. But if you just offer private lessons independently it doesn't matter, just make sure you undercut the competition and know your shit really well.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
grade 4 is no where near good enough. You'd probably need grade 8 and then years of experience.