Ok so after going to multiple music stores and trying over 20 amps I have finally decided on getting a Crate v18 combo. (AND I SWEAR TO GOD IF ANYONE TRIES TO RECCOMMEND ANYTHING ELSE SOMEONE WILL DIE... lol because I love this amp and haven't been able to sleep at night trying to make a desicion )

That just leaves 1 more question...ugh...

Should I get a 112 or a 212?

After doing some researching all I've found is that a 212 will provide more headroom. ok...so what exactly is headroom???

Is there anything else that a 212 might provide over a 112?

Again thank you to everyone here for helping me through my temporary insanity of picking an amp.

Your pal,
Your neiborhood friendly ninja penguin
what about a peavey classic 20 ?

ok, ok

headroom is the amount of volume you have before the amp start breaking up (overdriving). generally, more wattage means more headroom.

depending on the purpose of the amp, you might be better of with a 112. so, what you're gonna use it for ? (gigging, bedroom, jamming...)
Headroom is for far you can push the Power Tubes and speaker(s) before they begin to breakup. A 2x12 will have more headroom because they power will be spread out between each speaker instead of the whole power going to the one speaker. So if the power is spread out between two speaker each speaker will be able to cope more.
Basicly just jamming with friends and bedroom practice. I also play at a local bar. But its waaaaaay tiny. I've gigged there with a 15 watt tube before so I'm not worried about it being loud enough.
I've heard from some people that with a 112 you can achieve higher gain at louder volumes because the breakup adds to it or some mumbo jumbo?

any truth to that?
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
I've heard from some people that with a 112 you can achieve higher gain at louder volumes because the breakup adds to it or some mumbo jumbo?

any truth to that?

perhaps a little bit more gain, but nothing big. it wouldn't be a deciding factor for me anyway.

looking at your purposes, i'd go for a 112. you'll have enough volume and it'll weigh less than a 212.
Agreed, also because I will eventually be swapping the speaker.

Thank you

(AND BTW I DID LOOK INTO THAT PEAVEY CLASSIC 20!!!!!!!!!)
The only experience I have with this is between an 8" Vj combo and 12" head/cab Vj. Get about 10% more head room from the 12" and 10% more volume.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
i'd probably go with the 112 for what you want. apart from anything else it'll be a lot easier to carry.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
for your purposes, im thinkin the 112 would be fine, just like the rest of em said...
if you want more speakers down the road, just get a cab...
Epi Les Paul Classic
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech Bad Monkey
Pignose 7-100 amp
Supro high-gain pocket amp
Epi Acc w/ soundhole pup

I have 2 heads, but only enuff blood to run 1 @ a time. Gravity pulls down. Not My Fault, Girls!
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
Agreed, also because I will eventually be swapping the speaker.

Thank you

(AND BTW I DID LOOK INTO THAT PEAVEY CLASSIC 20!!!!!!!!!)

'twas just a joke dude