I've been looking to get this guitar for a while now, but i have found that there is a 2550E-GK model, and a 2550Z-GK model. It says they are both prestige, but i'm getting confused...what exactly is the difference between the two?

And also, which one is better?

Thanks
2550E is older and Korean
2550Z (MINE) is newer, better, Japanese, and is yeah, better.

The 2550Z Has the new Edge Zero while 2550E has EdgeII. The Z has thinner neck, better fretboard and inlays, and the E is heavier. Mine is personally in GW, but that's just personal choice.
[This image is too emo and is busy cutting itself.]

Primary Gear List:
Ibanez RG2550Z
Jackson RR-3
Peavy 112 ValveKing
Boss MT-2/TU-2
I thought the E had the Edge Pro bridge?

EDIT: Also, the E is much more expensive than the Z...why?
Last edited by ~*Tutty*~ at Jul 20, 2008,
Quote by Zy_
2550E is older and Korean
2550Z (MINE) is newer, better, Japanese, and is yeah, better.

The 2550Z Has the new Edge Zero while 2550E has EdgeII. The Z has thinner neck, better fretboard and inlays, and the E is heavier. Mine is personally in GW, but that's just personal choice.

The RG2550E is NOT made in Korea. It is older on the other hand.

The RG2550E has an Edge Pro Bridge which is a pretty good trem, equipped onto Ibanez Prestige models before the Edge Zero trem successed it.

For more info on Ibanez trems, read here.

To TS, both guitars are very good and the main difference is the trems. However, both trems are very reliable and such. I'm not too clued up on the Edge Zero since it's only been out for less than a year but if Ibanez equip them on their high end models, I can only suspect them to be pretty reliable.