I want to buy some amplifier. I'm choosing between Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 60R, Laney LX65R and Kustom Quad 65DFX.

Which of them offers the best sound quality? I play mainly rock, from time to time metal. Amp has to break through drums (because of rehearsals, maybe in future some concerts). Maybe another amp will be good for me? I can spend max 400$ (or about 200£.

In future i am going to buy multieffect like Zoom G2 or Line 6 Pocket Pod.

Sorry for my english, because I'm polish.

Please help.
Ile zlotych masz na tego pieca?

Domyslam sie, ze kolo 1000. Za ta kase spokojnie mozesz wyrwac uzywanego Peavey Bandita 112 na Allegro, swietny piec, 80 watt wiec spokojnie przebije sie przez perke, super brzmienia do rocka i metalu - zwlaszcza za ta kase. Moglbys kupic nowke, ale uzywki schodza za 600-800...nie boj sie uzywanego sprzetu

(I'm Polish, hope you don't mind if I'll write in my language, I've recommended used Peavey Bandit 112, probably the best SS amp for the price. Prices are bit higher here so I think it's a good deal if he doesn't want to import the amp from somewhere else)
Last edited by zombiak at Jul 20, 2008,
Quote by zombiak
(I'm Polish, hope you don't mind if I'll write in my language)

We do. Most of us don't speak/read/write Polish, so we can't correct you if you say something faulty.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I can spend max 400$ (or about 200£!

To jest około 800zł.

I won't raise anymore.
I don't know any of those amps but the Peavey Valveking had a good rock sound when I had it, and it cost 420 ish dollars.
Thats not too much higher than your budget if you can try to get that.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Slaytanic6606
I don't know any of those amps but the Peavey Valveking had a good rock sound when I had it, and it cost 420 ish dollars.
Thats not too much higher than your budget if you can try to get that.

Here new Valveking costs circa 600$, same when imported from USA because of the shipping costs and customs. Poland sucks when you're a musician :|

Don't like the Peavey Bandit, eh? Maybe gimme some examples of bands or tone that you like, it'd help a lot. People usually like the Bandit, but since it doesn't suit you then I need more information.
Last edited by zombiak at Jul 20, 2008,
I haven't played bandit...

Examples of bands... hmm... Green Day, The Offspring, GnR, Mudvayne, Nightwish, Static-X, Creed, Lake of Tears, My Chemical Romance... and more
Quote by Mattis16
I haven't played bandit...

Examples of bands... hmm... Green Day, The Offspring, GnR, Mudvayne, Nightwish, Static-X, Creed, Lake of Tears, My Chemical Romance... and more

Oh, you've meant the Valveking, not Bandit. Sorry

I think that Peavey Bandit really should be perfect. More than enough power to cut through the drums, two channels, two types of clean (vintage and modern), three types of distortion (vintage, modern, hi-gain), separate EQ for each channel - with a bit of tweaking you can achieve pretty much any sound. Of course it lacks the warmness of the tube amp, but IMO it's one of the best pure SS amps available.

Look up some videos on YouTube, people play literally EVERYTHING using this amp - from GnR, Green Day, AC/DC to hi-gain metal.
Bandit? hmm... I have to think about it :-)

But now i want some opinions about Hughes & Kettner 60R. Can anyone share his (or her ) expieriences with this amp?