Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
lol, but seriously
Shine on you Crazy Diamond

The police walked in for Jimmy Jazz
I said, he ain't here, but he sure went past
Oh, you're looking for Jimmy Jazz
Quote by TheQuailman
Yes, it is a quality guitar and it sounds good. I wouldn't use it for death metal though.

good, and now you've said its not suitable for "death metal" i like it even more.

Quote by jakecko17
good, and now you've said its not suitable for "death metal" i like it even more.

na seriously DONT USE IT FOR DEATH METAL its not made to handle all the down tunning and stuff like that
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
The MIM Tele is such a huge Bang for the $$$/£££.

If you want to go really old school, check out the new Squier Classic Vibe Tele - a Pinecaster like the prototype Esquire. The fanatics at TDPRI can't say enough good things about it and the price is right ($300).

Its a good guitar, but GAK's service is very hit and miss. Its usually good, but sometimes it can be absolutely awful. I've heard stories about it taking them 3-4 months to send guitars. I spent 2 months waiting for a pedal only to end up having to cancel it and buy somewhere else - and they didn't refund the shipping costs either, even though they hadn't actually sent it. Just a little warning. no smartass responses from the usual suspects please
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Apparently the quality control on those sucks, but if you play a load of 'em you can get a really super good one

EDIT: And I agree about GAK. I had no problems with a guitar amp and a bass, but when I bought a bass amp they sent me an ex demo model with broken corner guard things and charged me for a new one.

They promised to send a new set of cornerguards but never did. The cünts.
it's alright, but i'm not sure if i'd buy one online, as the QC can vary.

also, i'd rather have a blade tele (though it's more like £350), or a second hand MIJ tokai tele (prices vary, but can be had for similar or less than that fender). Depends how badly you want it to say fender on the headstock, and also personal preference, i guess.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TheQuailman
Well I think he does not intend to do that.

No, i dont. Musical likes

Pink Floyd - Radiohead - Eels - REM - Nirvana - Faith No More (as heavy as it gets 4 me) - Genesis - Muse - Blur - Stone Roses

Musical dislikes

Real heavy metal (for examlpe, I like Metallica's One until the ridiculous heavy metal bit at the end) - Bland stuff (Oasis, U2 etc) - Guitarists who lpay fast, not well (eg Dragonforce etc) - Death/Goth metal

It's a very good deal.

If you like Grunge and Alternative, I could recommend an HSS Standard Strat, Which I believe is the same price as the Standard Tele
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by jakecko17
Musical dislikes

Bland stuff

Quote by jakecko17
Musical likes

Nirvana

lulz
Quote by Survivalism
lulz

I fail to see the lulz here, And A HSS start might be more your ally TS, or maybe a tele with a bridge humbucker
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
IMO, go for either the newer squier (Which looks absoloutely fantastic and is getting killer reviews) or the Lite Ash Tele, which was my original choice before I got my old MIM. So much more of a guitar than the MIM standard for only about £30 more expensive, the neck was much sleeker, the ash body was lighter and more appealing, the SD pickups gave it that proper tele twangy sound at the bridge and warm jazzyness at the neck. Plus the birdeye neck really grew on me. Only thing I didnt like was the laquering was a bit thick on the body and didnt look to apetising in natural, but in solid colours it was great.

The newer mexicans standard fenders IMO have very minimal difference in feel and sound from that of the squier affinity. I've ABed them before, if i had to chose either the squier of the mim to walk out with I wouldve picked that squier, it was just much better bang for the buck, if you can find an old MIM on eBay, go for it, im very very happy with my choice, it aged fanastically and the neck is much nicer than the older MIMs, plus the original owner upgraded the electronics, all I have to do now is find some new pups.
Quote by zekk
I fail to see the lulz here, And A HSS start might be more your ally TS, or maybe a tele with a bridge humbucker

Well, Kurt Cobain used single coils.

And things like that.

If you use enough gain, then you'll win!
Cam Sampbell's my hero