Im on my way to learning Cant Stop by RHCP from this video (the bottom one) and im looking forward to learning the chorus and the 'Justin' says its played in barre chords and im like fine then, since im a beginner and i dont know my chords yet so he also sed i can find the barre chords in his website, so i set about my quest trying to find this barre chords page and I CANT FUKING FIND THE THING! ITS DRIVING ME MAD!
The chords in the chorus are the G, D, B minor and C major sumthing...... can anyone plz tell me how to play these chords or post the link to the website where its got the chords???
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
Google Chord Generator!!! You have to tell it what key the chord is in and whether its Major or Minor

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
if you search songs on this website and type in "chords" there will be a song called all the chords by misc. it obviously has the chords
Quote by Tenacious D'er
Google Chord Generator!!! You have to tell it what key the chord is in and whether its Major or Minor

does that work for barre chords 2?
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
Quote by freaky_styley88
if you search songs on this website and type in "chords" there will be a song called all the chords by misc. it obviously has the chords

n how do i no which for exaample G is the barre one that i need?
My Youtube Channel

Quote by MightyAl
If you go to lessons here at UG i'm sure there are a few for barre chords, they will teach you the shapes and how to find the right note.

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
I'd just like to say that learning barre chords will suck like hell. But it is well worth doing. Just remember not to over strain anything, if you develop any pain stop! You want to build up the muscles in your hand, so it's the same as lifting weights or the like. It'll take a while before you can switch to and from barre chords smoothly, just be patient and go slow and one day it'll click.

Also, John F. there doesn't do barres the standard way, he wraps his thumb over the edge of the fretboard to fret the lowest note the same way Hendrix used to... it's not a wrong technique, but since everyones hands are different it may not be very comfortable for you. Try different shit out and see what works for you. Ideally you should learn to do it both ways equally well.
TS - shelve the song until you've learned barre chords themselves. It's going to take you a while to get the hang of barre chords themselves, there's no point trying to learn a song that is pretty much entirely made up of a technique you can't actually do yet.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
everyones suggesting what to do but these are the chords

E---3---5---7---7
B---3---7---8---8
G---4---7---9---9
D---5---7---9---10
A---5---5---7----
E---3--(5)-(7)--8

basically, its a "hendrix-ian" G D Em C but only the C actually requires your thumb, but the Em should be played with it too, in order to transfer from Em to C easily. Remember the C shape in this song if you like RHCP; frusciante uses it a lot.

Oh btw, the A under the D chord (5) and B under Em (7) aren't required, but usually played either cleanly or muted lightly with your thumb.
but learning barre chords is very important too
Last edited by chipmunksurfer at Jul 21, 2008,