I'm getting my acoustic guitar restrung with a set of Elixers. I don't think that I'll be playing that often, maybe 30 minutes maximum a night. How long do you think they will last (on average)?
Gear :
  • Ibanez PF60S-NT
Couple months, maybe 3. Remember too that the unwound B and high E strings won't be coated with anything. They will lose their tone faster than the others. I hope you chose the nanowebs instead of the polywebs. The nano's have a thinner coating which makes them feel more like uncoated strings, but the coating on the poly's is so thick the strings feel almost like nylon strings on a classical. Personal preference here tho.
nanos are awesome
i used poly first because of the thickness and the longer it lasted
but the nanos sound purrttty

i agree with the same time
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
i dont have a good experience with exp
when i gotta pack to try out, the g string just snapped on me

weakkk
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
As long as you're doing everything right (cleaning your hands before playing, wiping your strings down after playing, not changing tunings too dramatically etc etc) I reckon you could get 3-4 months out of them.
lol I have some elixers on my acoustic trying them on for the first time...I play so much each day that I go through strings in about two weeks lol especially on electric guitar

I even wash my hands before playing and all that...so far though after about four days of having them on with about 3 hours of playing a day, there hasn't been any corrosion or other signs of anything else like that....so that's nice...hopefully these strings are all they are cut out to be
Ugh....nanos have absolutely no......umph. They're a weak and sickly sounding little string. IMHO. The polywebs will give you an overall more robust sound, one that packs a bit more of a umph. Which still won't be much, Elixirs are a really bright sounding string.
********May Truth and Good Music Prevail!********
It really depends on your fingers. For me, I'll go through strings in a month regardless of what brand they are. I tear the coating off elixirs in a month. For me, it just makes more sense to buy other brands for sake of cost. Also, I find the tone of elixirs to be too bright, and that's not what I want for my big, warm, full bodied Martin.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.