Page 1 of 3
Hey UG

I have been looking to shift out my Crate amp in favor of a newer, bigger amp. I have been looking around, and I know what amps id like, but they are way out of my price range. I see alot of Behringer ULTRABASS amps lying around, and for good prices. But I am concerned because of their low prices, that perhaps they are equally lower in quality, and therefore will blow on out me at a bad time.

So, anyone know if they are solid amps, or had good or bad experiences with them? I jsut want to know if they are worth looking into more.

Rem
they are less that you pay for
their are cheap because their quality is really bad
and the tone is horrible
unless you really but really liked that tone dont buy one because it could stop working in a few years or even months
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
behirngers are amazing, dude. make sure you get it from a good dealer and youre all set.

itll shake your whole house, not kidding
Quote by remx15
they are equally lower in quality

Look at some other brands and try them. I would never purchase a product that has such an appropriately poor reputation.
Quote by kaizerkhan13
behirngers are amazing, dude. make sure you get it from a good dealer and youre all set.

itll shake your whole house, not kidding

to quote the pick of destiny

KG: We were so awesome
JB: Yeah Awesome.... compared to bullshit

somehow relevant to that post

Behringers are cheap and nasty, don't go there
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Remember, every time you plug into a Behringer, God causes a natural disaster.

I thought he raped a baby, but I could be ill-informed.

Anyway, my friend used to have one, and it sounded like a giant iPod headphone, with about the same level of quality of construction. Don't do it man.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Remember, every time you plug into a Behringer, God causes a natural disaster.

that's definitely going in my sig now, just to remind people.

thanks, delirium.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
I have one and it's horrible. It sounds like a piece of ***. That's why i'm getting an ashdown full stack for christmas
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
I have 2 behringers (BX1200 and BXL450) and they both sound terrible. It's like they removed the high end of a guitar amp but didn't add any extra low-end response. You just can't get a good tone out of them. At all. Neither has failed but I don't use the 1200 and the 450 is my brother's and he no longer plays bass. The Roland bass cube rx (the one that runs on batteries) is better than either of them.
i got a behringer and i have gotten a good tone out of it but it never lasted more then 3 minutes, they are horrible amps
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Behringers did 9/11
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Behringer is the aborted mutant foetus of the bass world. And that is an entirely objective point of view.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Can't we just sticky a Behringer thread because one seems to pop up every other week and always get the same responses.
I used to have one.
I still haven't recovered

Really, the tone is awful. And there is constant buzzing.
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Resisting the Urge to Fap since 8/11/08
However, I lost in 3 days.
Quote by Hobolad

Guns don't help defense, they make you more vulnerable if anything. Said this a lot already

Behringer is just bad. I hate them with a passion. I used to own a Behringer, and it not only lacked a volume knob, it was incapable of delivering any good tones at all. it cut into disgusting tones at random until it blew out.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
The sound that a behringer produces is similar to an elephant ejaculating in your ear: Something happens, but it sure as hell isn't pleasant.
Mine is great, but I guess I am just a lucky one. As a tip, the ultrabass feature is utterly useless. It is an octaver that cannot track whatsoever.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
my school ordered one, it broke before it even arrived. the speaker distortes into a nasty fart sound when you turn the volume up......to 1!! and the ultrabass sounds like ultrafart somewhere near the note an octave lower. basically ive done better sounding farts than the tones of a behringer.
Mine is going ok and have had it for nearly 3 years now and STILL working, I must be lucky lol.
Quote by Danzter
Mine is going ok and have had it for nearly 3 years now and STILL working, I must be lucky lol.

I'm not sure I'd call that lucky.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
What would you call it then? If it has survived that long, going on what people have said here?
Unlucky.
Summing up what everyone else has said, Behringer isn't the best choice when buying amps. The price is cheap and you get exactly what you pay for. Crap. Of course there may occasionally be a peach among the vast sea of lemons, the risk is really not worth it.

Have a re-think, browse the internet, and look in some music shops for some more ideas.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
unlucky would be that it did blow up, least I am getting my money worth out of it hehehe.
hmmm look into hartke maybe they make some nice cheaper amps lol becuase the balls behringer sucks are phenominal
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by Danzter
unlucky would be that it did blow up, least I am getting my money worth out of it hehehe.

Unlucky implies that you have had to listen to it for three years without it ever doing you the favour of crapping out and forcing you to invest in a better amp.
yes, I understand where you are coming from and maybe one day I will, but for now, other things must come first, till that happy day, I am content with what I have.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
The sound that a behringer produces is similar to an elephant ejaculating in your ear: Something happens, but it sure as hell isn't pleasant.

Sig'd

You speak the truth
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
My God, I have never seen so many (sem-successful) attempts at siggery since the 'You Know You're a Bassist When' thread went down.

This may counter the PC crap "BE YOURSELF! DO WHATEVER YOU WANT EVEN IF IT'S REALLY, REALLY STUPID! THERE IS NO WRONG!" point of view, but have you ever seen... any musician of any stature use these amps in a touring situation? Any late-night TV bands busting out Behringers? Does your answer not set off alarms?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Well the drinking game adage proves true once again
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Oh my god, these amps must be bad lol.
Ive only seen one once in a music shop, and it even looked bad. LOOKED bad.
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

Page 1 of 3