I borrowed a Boss CS-3 compression sustainer from my friend, trying to get like long, sustained bends and good clearity in my sound. But all that this pedal has done to my sound is making it really fuzzy and just plain bad. If I raise the sustain knob or the level knob on it, the sound becomes fuzzy. the weird thing is that the fuzz is only when I not playing a note. when a play a note it stops, and when the note dies it comes back. can you help me with this? I thought it could be my guitar, it has two emg-81 pickups, really high gain. :S
The main purpose of a TV is to have a place to point your furnatures to
Quote by arondadi
I borrowed a Boss CS-3 compression sustainer from my friend, trying to get like long, sustained bends and good clearity in my sound. But all that this pedal has done to my sound is making it really fuzzy and just plain bad. If I raise the sustain knob or the level knob on it, the sound becomes fuzzy. the weird thing is that the fuzz is only when I not playing a note. when a play a note it stops, and when the note dies it comes back. can you help me with this? I thought it could be my guitar, it has two emg-81 pickups, really high gain. :S

You probably need a noise gate, compressors tend to add a fair bit of noise to your signal.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by arondadi

same thing happened to me.. i came on here with the same question and apparently nobody has or knows how to use a cs3
Noise gate will solve your problem. Besides your pickups have high-output, so naturally they'll be quite loud.
Quote by steven seagull
You probably need a noise gate, compressors tend to add a fair bit of noise to your signal.

+1 It's the nature of the beast.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not