I have a spider II 212 (which i know everybody on this forum dislikes) but for what it use it for it does the job, I will get something better when i get more money and if I start doing bigger gigs

Anyway, back to the question

I've just bought myself a boss me-50 to try and get a better sound from the spider, I've read through the ultimate settings thread but I need help setting up the amp to work with the effects pedal e.g. channel volumes/effects pedal volumes and knowing what settings to use on the amp to get the best sound from the pedal
you doomed your self:
modeling effects+modeling amp=failure to all tone.

and also read the manual
Keep the spider on clean when you play with the Boss pedal, and you may stand a chance.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by armouredspunge
lol carry from the car to the gig, yes

and the spider can be turned on to bypass all effects, couldnt i use that?

Effects yes, amp modeling no. You can get okay results trying to set the Spider at it's cleanest non-gain settings. But it won't be much better than the native sound the Spider already produces.
you would be much better off just pluging the processor straight to the PA and using its amp modelling..
Quote by rhettro
Effects yes, amp modeling no. You can get okay results trying to set the Spider at it's cleanest non-gain settings. But it won't be much better than the native sound the Spider already produces.

+1. And the ME-50 is a poor choice for this job anyway, as it has no amp modeling, which is what would make the most difference. Take it back, sell the spider, and get something else. If you're stuck with them, take back the ME-50 and find something like a used Vox Tonelab which you can run right to a PA. I advise a Tonelab as they work great for that.
Quote by CJRocker
+1. And the ME-50 is a poor choice for this job anyway, as it has no amp modeling, which is what would make the most difference. Take it back, sell the spider, and get something else. If you're stuck with them, take back the ME-50 and find something like a used Vox Tonelab which you can run right to a PA. I advise a Tonelab as they work great for that.

Me-50 aint a poor choice because it has no amp modeling(you buy a pedal on what effects it has, not because it lacks amp modeling). you just need to know how to use it ( i have a crap amp. and it even made my sound better). but, yeah sell the spider and save up for a good amp

ME-50 rocks!!
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Quote by metalbaswee
Me-50 aint a poor choice because it has no amp modeling. you just need to know how to use it ( i have a crap amp. and it even made my sound better). but, yeah sell the spider and save up for a good amp

For a Spider, the issue is the amp. All an ME-50 is a bunch of effects tied together. It's like having a Boss DS-1, Flanger, etc in front, except they are all connected with the EM-50. In order to Eclipse the actual sound character of the Spider, you would need an amp modeler*. They are good units, but they are not what the TS needs imo.

*Disclaimer: I did not say it would sound GOOD
Quote by CJRocker
For a Spider, the issue is the amp. All an ME-50 is a bunch of effects tied together. It's like having a Boss DS-1, Flanger, etc in front, except they are all connected with the EM-50. In order to Eclipse the actual sound character of the Spider, you would need an amp modeler*. They are good units, but they are not what the TS needs imo.

*Disclaimer: I did not say it would sound GOOD

well, it works for me :P: my amp sucks anyway with or without modeling :P: and i don't use effects so much. so this pedal is very good for me
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Spider+ME-50. you can get a good sound out of it.
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
Quote by cavalier14
Spider+ME-50. you can get a good sound out of it.

No, Spider + anything = ****
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
my friends gonna let me use his marshall half stack (dunno what it is) and try the me-50 out on that, since he's the other guitarist in my band he should let me use that for gigs since he doesnt :P then when i get enough money im gonna save up and get some sort of tube amp, havnt decided on what yet though since i dont know what my budget will be
i have an ME-50 and use it with a Fender amp, best thing to do is set your Spider to as clean as possible and then use the pedal for effects and tone. It's easy for me though since the Fender has such a clean sound.
Quote by armouredspunge
my friends gonna let me use his marshall half stack (dunno what it is) and try the me-50 out on that, since he's the other guitarist in my band he should let me use that for gigs since he doesnt :P then when i get enough money im gonna save up and get some sort of tube amp, havnt decided on what yet though since i dont know what my budget will be

I bet it's an MG. at least it will work with the ME-50.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan