go ahead...smack me with a frying pan
I dont care
but i REALLY need help writing lyrics

you see my problem is that i really dont know where 2 start when writing lyrics
or how to form my ideas (which are abundant) into lyrics

SO if you could help in ANY way it would be much obliged

Cheers,

ATW
who needs a slide...a wrench works just as well!!
Quote by SmokeyTheHippy
yep its another one of these
I dont care

Cheers,

ATW

Just bee yourself.

What kind of ideas do you got? How you write depends on what you wanna write.
My best advice would be to just let it flow. Don't think about where to start or whatever, just write your ideas down, and eventually you'll be able to start bringing more shape and texture to them.
Quote by SmokeyTheHippy
yep its another one of these
I dont care

Cheers,

ATW

okay "Joe", I'm not really a pro or anything but I'm not newb either as I'm in a band writing all out songs and singing them and playing guitar, and I've had this problem too.

First, tell us what kind of genre you feel comfortable writing with, or would like to write in. (I can help if it's grunge, post-grunge, alternative, punk, but not if its pop, emo or hardcore metal type thing)
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
This might sound a bit harsh but I don't mean it to be. To me it sounds like you don't have much of a reason to write lyrics other than for something to do. I would suggest finding something that really inspires you. If you can get inspired by something then the ideas will come out really naturally and the lyrics will start flowing.
Quote by andrewn
This might sound a bit harsh but I don't mean it to be. To me it sounds like you don't have much of a reason to write lyrics other than for something to do. I would suggest finding something that really inspires you. If you can get inspired by something then the ideas will come out really naturally and the lyrics will start flowing.

aha no worries man
well the REAL reason im writing lyrics is that my band is currently just doing covers right now and we have a few originals with no lyrics and so i thought id write some

as for the people asking of what music i listen / play
personally I listen to everything from slipknot to beastie boys ill listen 2 practically nething

as for what me/my band plays
the bestway 2 describe is a mix of Queens of the Stone age, the Hives, Weezer and RHCP

yea its kinda fuked up :S
Oh dear, someone who thinks that's a wide music taste.

Do what Fate_of_Mind said. Just write and read all the time and the structure and texture will pick up from there.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Start your day with a notepad and pen, and then as the day goes on write how you feel or what things look like, And then at the end of the day try picking words or sentences out and put them together to form bits of a song.
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Oh dear, someone who thinks that's a wide music taste.

Do what Fate_of_Mind said. Just write and read all the time and the structure and texture will pick up from there.

i was just using that as an example lol
but i actually DO listen 2 everything

thanks for all the help guys!
note ideas and feelings down.

Maybe a few phrases you can think of.

It will come
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Not that this will necessarily help, but I always start with a single like or idea that I like. Like my latest piece I started with the line, "Stroke my diction." It was a random one-liner that just popped in my head. From there, I just built a piece around it... wrote my thoughts concerning that line and worked it in.

Probably not the best/most efficient way. But its a start.

Good luck.
^that's usually what I do, too.

Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? :p
I owe a ton of people critiques.

If you're one of them, please PM me.

I have trouble keeping track.