Hi, I have a 30th Edition Dean V. I think the pickup is dead:

So I plug my guitar in and I am playing on the bridge pickup. I then go to the neck pickup (My favorite one) and I get nothing but a really really small sound. I plugged it into my uncles amp later on with different cables and it still had nothing. Is it dead?
Look at the wiring on the inside, and check the volume knob if it's up or down. People forget about that.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by rocker931
Hi, I have a 30th Edition Dean V. I think the pickup is dead:

So I plug my guitar in and I am playing on the bridge pickup. I then go to the neck pickup (My favorite one) and I get nothing but a really really small sound. I plugged it into my uncles amp later on with different cables and it still had nothing. Is it dead?

It's highly unlikely that the pickup is "dead", it's going to be a wiring issue or a dirty/dodgy potentiioneter or switch.

Old pickups don't die...they just go to CorduroyEW to get rewound
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
actually theres a very good chance it could be dead, theres a way you can measure it with a voltmeter but unfortunately idk how and of course if it comes up showing nothing its dead but its most likely a bad connection somewhere
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by rocker931
This is a brand new guitar!

So what do I do!?

Take it back to the shop and ask for one that works.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Its pretty common for even new selector switches to go bad or be bad new. But very uncommon for a pickup to just quit. Its new has a warranty pretty obvious solution.