i've heard that you can take the drums from a Guitar Pro file and import it as a midi file into Fruity Loops to play with EZdrummer.
how does this work?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
i tried that.

i don't know what to do after that.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
I'm not sure if it'll be the same for you, but let's say we have the midi file in the recording program. What I have to do after is go to add channel, new instrument channel, VSTi, and select EZdrummer. So once EZdrummer is added to the recording session, I right click on the drum midi file and click output to... and select EZdrummer. Hopefully that helps. You basically have to find a way to output the midi file to the EZdrummer channel.
i can't actually try it right now, i don't have my computer. but i'll give it a go. are you using Fruity Loops?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
First thing that comes up on google:

n-Track Studio 5 Multitrack Audio Recording and Editing Software
Quote by z3pchick
First thing that comes up on google:

n-Track Studio 5 Multitrack Audio Recording and Editing Software

oh yeah, that.
i can probably use that instead, if it makes things easier. FL is so damn complicated to me.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
n-track won't work.

is there anything else i can use?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
if i remember it correctly after you import MIDI with FL studio, click the instrument that you want to use VSTi with and then Right click with your mouse, you'll see "Replace Instrument with"..something like that..basicially everything on that list is VSTi softwares and if your Ez Drummer thingy is not on there try looking through help files on how to add VSTi instrument..it shouldn't be too hard..also FL studio comes with its own drum VSTi called FPC..which is pretty good for my needs...
ok, well. i'm uploading the whole song, with the guitars and such. do i need to isolate the drums in GP so that it's only the drum midi that's being transferred?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
no when you import the whole MIDI FL studio identifies each track, when you do File->Import Midi, before it imports, it asks you which channel you are going to import..make sure that all channels are open for import...once its imported you'll see a box with each tracks(drum, guitar..etc) if each tracks weren't assigned with names in GP, it'll just say Track1,Track2 or something like that... if you can't tell which track is which instrument, if you click something that looks like a little bar with "dots" on the track it'll pop up another screen that shows you assigned notes for that track(kinda like music sheets)..from there you should be able to tell which instrument is which..
Quote by ganda199
no when you import the whole MIDI FL studio identifies each track, when you do File->Import Midi, before it imports, it asks you which channel you are going to import..make sure that all channels are open for import...once its imported you'll see a box with each tracks(drum, guitar..etc) if each tracks weren't assigned with names in GP, it'll just say Track1,Track2 or something like that... if you can't tell which track is which instrument, if you click something that looks like a little bar with "dots" on the track it'll pop up another screen that shows you assigned notes for that track(kinda like music sheets)..from there you should be able to tell which instrument is which..

when i import the track nothing pop's up. and when it asks me which tracks i want to upload all the available boxes are checked and i know there's not that many tracks in the GP file.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
well it's always that many boxes no matter how many track GP has... if nothing shows up after you import..i dunno what to tell ya
Quote by ganda199
well it's always that many boxes no matter how many track GP has... if nothing shows up after you import..i dunno what to tell ya

well ****. what is the box called?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo

When you import a MIDI track you should see a box that looks like on the picture right above "FL-Keys" thingy
Right now on the picture, theres 3 tracks but only one(2nd one) is assigned with MIDi track
if i imported a MIDI with 3 tracks all 3 of them would look similar to 2nd one(a bar with random dots instead of row of buttons)

if you click the "bar" it'll pop up another window that would look like this which shows you the keys or notes of that track(this one is a drum track)
ah! i can't try it. i don't have my computer!

how do you name your drum parts in the piano roll?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
what do you mean by name it? there are already assigned on piano roll..its all the way at the bottom
okay i have everything uploaded but when i press play i don't hear anything.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
make sure your sound setting on FL is correct(right sound card, ASIO driver..etc) also you gotta assign the VSTI to each track to hear something
Quote by ganda199
make sure your sound setting on FL is correct(right sound card, ASIO driver..etc) also you gotta assign the VSTI to each track to hear something

how do i assign ezdrummer to the midi track?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
right click over the "name of track" button, Replace -> choose any VSTi of your choice
If ezdrummer is not in there open up the help file and follow the instruction on how to install VSTi in FL.