I'm looking for an amp for bedroom practice and band practices/jamning around. I'd prefer a tube amp, below $400 preferably close to $200. I play more or less anything, classical, blues, rock, metal. So I'd like one that has great cleans and really good distortion, with good tone of course. Even if I might have to put a pedal in front of it, it would be ok. I know it might be kinda hard to find one with those specifications, but I'd appreciate the help.
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.
Last edited by Ziggy936 at Jul 20, 2008,
Theres always the valve jrs? or blackheart little giant? The Crate V18 is supposed to be decent as well, and the Peavey classic 30 is pretty good but slightly more expensive. It depends what kind of tones you want.

These should all be fairly good for your budget, its hard to find a very good tube amp for under 400.
Quote by al112987
Theres always the valve jrs? or blackheart little giant? The Crate V18 is supposed to be decent as well, and the Peavey classic 30 is pretty good but slightly more expensive. It depends what kind of tones you want.

These should all be fairly good for your budget, its hard to find a very good tube amp for under 400.

yeah, lol, no kidding. thats why i posted on here, i wanted some opinions.
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.
I don't know about the BH 15watter one, but you should give that one a try. or a used Pv classic which you can always find at ebay for $400 or less
Quote by al112987

its easy to find a very good tube amp for under 400.

Fixed, it's easy to do. New the Crate V33.
http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemID=63145
New Crate V50
http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemID=63147
Don't ask why SamAsh is cheaper than the rest on these, ya got me...
Blackhearts and Valve Seniors are worth a look too.
Looking used opens a boatload of options. Search Craigslists' musical inst section searching "tube amp" daily.
Peavey Classic 30's go for $300-$350
Fender Blues Jr's go for $325 or abouts.
Hot Rod Deluxes go for $350-$450
The Vintage Club series, which are great amps made in USA, go for $200-$300, add a pedal or two if need be and you can always sell it for about the same amount. The same goes for the above used priced amps.
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/msg/721109040.html
Buying used locally it's easy to try before you buy, always.

Edit: Sorry I had the wrong craigslist link, it was a 100 watt Laney head for $325... Not bad either but serious overkill for your needs.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 20, 2008,
All of those are decent but hardly what I would consider a very good or great tube amp.

In the end they sound like entry level tube amps.
I would consider them "very good" for the money. You didn't say great. And my point was more the amount of different amps available to him at that price range both new and used. Especially the made in usa hand wired VC 3112 for $250. Welcome July 08er.