Poll: People driving with headphones...
Poll Options
View poll results: People driving with headphones...
cool...
17 18%
funny...
11 12%
annoying...
65 70%
Voters: 93.
Page 1 of 2
Am I the only person that sometimes just wants to rip open somebody's
car door and snatch those stupid headphones off?

I hate it when people drive with them on...You got a stereo in da freakin car!
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
It doesn't bother me much, but they should just spend the 15 bucks to get one of those adapters to play it through their cars speakers.
You know that's seriously illegal though.. right?
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
Quote by Washburnd Fretz

I hate it when idiots post stupid threads insulting others about something which does not affect them in the slightest, whilst managing to use incorrect grammar and spelling, thus failing at life.

How does it feel being at the other end of the pool, bitch?
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

Quote by Lostprophets$$$
I hate it when idiots post stupid threads insulting others about something which does not affect them in the slightest, whilst managing to use incorrect grammar and spelling, thus failing at life.

The REAL idiots are the ones that would do such a thing. It's a huge risk, people don't use common sense.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
Quote by Lostprophets$$$
I hate it when idiots post stupid threads insulting others about something which does not affect them in the slightest

It affects you when some idiot almost totals your car because they are not
paying attention to the road. I have a valid point! It did affect ME TODAY!

Yeah im on the other side of the pool...

We see who is standing on the bitch and idiot side though...
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Jul 20, 2008,
Quote by md41

I don't know about other states, but I do know for a fact it's illegal in California.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Quote by Washburnd Fretz

Maybe it was you that almost hit me...

Okay well you should've explained that in the first post so we could understand why you decided to go off on them.
Listening on the headphones is just as distracting as having the stereo on. It's a matter of volume, not the way it's listened to.
It's about as risky as plugging your iPod into your car stereo, so don't be daft. You still have to change the song etc, so it's equally distracting, but no-one complains about that. Don't blame it on the iPod, blame it on the idiot not paying attention to the road. My mum listens to her mp3 player all the time in the car, and she's never done anything silly while driving.
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

yea ummmm thats illegal.
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Quote by HorridxHopes
Listening on the headphones is just as distracting as having the stereo on. It's a matter of volume, not the way it's listened to.

Wrong. Headphones block out outside noise much more than a stereo would. At equal volume, the listener is less likely to hear a car horn or police siren wearing headphones than if he/she was listening to the stereo.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Quote by bigwillie
Wrong. Headphones block out outside noise much more than a stereo would. At equal volume, the listener is less likely to hear a car horn or police siren wearing headphones than if he/she was listening to the stereo.

..yep. And that's why it's illegal to listen to headphones while driving.
Quote by bigwillie

QFT

It's seriously a bad idea to use your iPod headphones whilst driving. I would say this is illegal in the UK also, pretty sure it is on a bicycle and motorbike, so can't see why it would be different in cars.

On another note, it's a seriously bad idea to use an iPod.

*flame shield ready*

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Ear buds can be block out noise similar to the way ear plugs do. They don't
block out nearly as much, but when you factor the music into the equation
it is pretty distracting.

Some live recordings of concerts is almost like being there. That really makes
it hard to focus.
You'll get a big ass ticket for that in Tennessee.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
Definitely illegal in the US, coast to coast. How could they not be?

I remember reading that some cities were banning pedestrians from wearing them, when they were just coming out, b/c muggers would basically profile everybody that had them, then pounce. That's prolly run its course, since everybody has and mp3 player these days.

To the guy that posted "listening through ipods is a bad idea", it's only a real issue when you compare it to a audiophile type audio system.

I compared several albums between ipod and stereo, and honestly, I thought the ipod sounded better.

Now, I'm sure that if I had a real kickass home system, there would definitely be a difference, but on most mass produced equipment, good luck tellin the difference.
there is no such thing as good music on the radio though.

isn't text messaging worse?
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Quote by billybusa

isn't text messaging worse?

Of course it is, as it takes up one of your hands, and eye focus every now and then.

About as bad as fapping while you're driving.
Quote by RU Experienced?
It doesn't bother me much, but they should just spend the 15 bucks to get one of those adapters to play it through their cars speakers.

Or $50 on my iTrip :] Its funny when my friends don't know about it and I tell them to turn to some rap station and it plays some beatles.

one time my friend had his zune and was like, "no way thats playing on the radio" so he goes to his radio thing on his zune and cycles to that station and it plays the same thing owned.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Quote by md41

it's illegal with both ears with headphones, with one it's legal
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
It's not only annoying, but stupid and illegal. You need to be able to hear and see what it going on when you are driving, or you are putting yourself and others in danger.
TS, you're an asshole, I listen to my damn Ipod through head phones because my effin radio doesn't work...

Doosh
I don't usually worry too much about what other people do. If it makes them happy, then who cares?
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Maybe other people in the car don't want to listen to what they are listening to? Did you ever think of that?
we do not care very much kthxbai

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Quote by IronMaiden5
Maybe other people in the car don't want to listen to what they are listening to? Did you ever think of that?

Quote by aig91
I don't usually worry too much about what other people do. If it makes them happy, then who cares?

Quote by Pauldapro
we do not care very much kthxbai

Yeah, screw the fact that it's against the law and endangers yourself and others.

Quote by md41

beat me to it.

but yes, they should just spent about $15 and get an adapter.
Quote by HelloHalo
I think if I crap my pants in public, I'll just simply stand up (if I'm not already standing), announce "Ladies and gentlemen, I have just defecated in my pants. Good day to you all."

And walk out.

/lame, blatant attempt to get sigged.
ROFLCOPTER!!!!1

My ipod hooks up to my car sterio!!!!
WIN!!!
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
B.C. Rich Rich Bich Platinum
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
Quote by bigwillie
Yeah, screw the fact that it's against the law and endangers yourself and others.

no, you're missing the point. i don't care very much goodbye.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Quote by Pauldapro
no, you're missing the point. i don't care very much goodbye.

Okay, whatever. You not caring about it doesn't change the fact that it still is a safety hazard for them and other drivers, i.e. you.

And by the way, ending your posts in "kthxbi" and "goodbye" makes you sound and look like a gigantic faggot. Just pointing that out.

Quote by KOL40
ROFLCOPTER!!!!1

My ipod hooks up to my car sterio!!!!
WIN!!!

that might have been win, but you blew it when you said Roflcopter, seriously the lamest phrase ever thought up, ever
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
Quote by Washburnd Fretz

Yeah im on the other side of the pool...

We see who is standing on the bitch and idiot side though...

No different than listening to music on the stereo loud, fool.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Washburnd Fretz

Well I really fucking hate it when people say "da" instead of the "the."

I also hate it when people do this "......" when it's totally unnecessary. Like you've done in you're poll.

So quit bitching about what other people are doing and try to make yourself look like less of an idiot.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
ugh my ipod adapter sounds so sh!tty in my dad's van. horrible quality... can't eq it properly. the SUV with CDs on the other hand, that sound system pumps!!!! Blasting some LoG, paradise lost, oooo yea!! kickass.

and yea, wearing the headphones is stupid! lots of bikers (bicycles, no motors) do that here. it makes me mad. but if i hit them when they're not paying attention and they're wearing phones, sucks to be them, because they are now equally, if not more at fault. VRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
Quote by Lostprophets$$$
It's about as risky as plugging your iPod into your car stereo, so don't be daft. You still have to change the song etc, so it's equally distracting, but no-one complains about that. Don't blame it on the iPod, blame it on the idiot not paying attention to the road. My mum listens to her mp3 player all the time in the car, and she's never done anything silly while driving.

earphones in your ear restrict your hearing much more than your stereo would though.
thus causing the person to not be able to hear ambulances, cops, or any sirens or noises they would need to hear to drive legally.
Call me Trey.
I'm sure the people who don't care will when they end up in a wheelchair for the rest of thier lives because some person in thier car was listening to thier mp3 with headphones in thier ears and couldn't hear you.
Page 1 of 2