Has anyone had any experience with this guitar? I like to play metal (stuff like Lamb of God and Metallica) and I was wondering if this would be a good guitar for me. I saw it in my 2009 Guitar Buyers Guide and it's $569 price tag both hooked me and threw me off at the same time. I've heard a few good things about ESP's and I was wondering how this guitar held up.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think you're the only person on the planet who is worried about how mainstream muffins are.
well i own 3 LTD's, high end ones as well.... lovely guitars, solid as hell
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe
LTD EX-400BD
LTD EC-1000
LTD V-500
Zoom 707II Pedal
Vox Satchurator Pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby Slash
Marshall MG100DFX...
Sweet thanks. I've been wanting to play one but all the times I've been to guitar center they've never had any ESP's and the local music store here in my town only has "off brand" guitars and ESP obviously doesn't fall into that category.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think you're the only person on the planet who is worried about how mainstream muffins are.
Quote by Metallica Fan21
Has anyone had any experience with this guitar? I like to play metal (stuff like Lamb of God and Metallica)

Well, both Metallica and Lamb of God use ESPs.

ESP is just freakin' taking over, I don't think you can go wrong with them at all.
well I knew that Willie from Lamb of God uses an ESP (or maybe it's Chris I can never remember who's who without seein their faces lol) but I did not know that Metallica also uses them. That's an interesting piece of info thanks guys your just makin me want one more and more haha
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Bump this guitar is 400$ and is mahogany body with mahogany neck.
Who's played it before?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
The only famous person i can think of that has used ltds is nergal

His sticker rocks I feel tempted to put that on my ninja now.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
still remains use LTD..
TS dont confuse esp with ltd..please..

the ltd models over 400 are good.
anything lower is sub par.
save some cash n get a 400/500 series you will love it alot more
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Don't listen to all these guys. They're referring to the company as a whole, not that particular instrument. The EC-256 is a good, solid guitar, with very good construction. The two main bad parts which you'll have to spend some money on is the pickups and the tuners. The tuners are the old cheap LTD Die Cast and they're terrible. They can't stay in tune for a day if you play it that much. The pickups are LH-150's which are what they use on the 100 series which are the worst ESP makes. Now, if you can look past those problems, then you've got a fine guitar. Trade out the pickups for some EMG's or SD's, then get some Gotoh Magnum tuners or something like that.
I ordered one and it is yet to come. I personally love ESPs, very good quality guitars for good prices. The EC-256 should be pretty good for metal and thrash from what I've seen. If you want to hear how it plays, there are two guys on youtube who have them: 21Thanos21 and Revertdp. Thanos has an AVB and plays metallica stuff, and Revertdp has an AHB and plays a variety of stuff and he has a 3 video review up. Check them out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuvfshDleV0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HTCHxC449o

good luck!
Quote by EclipseCT
Don't listen to all these guys. They're referring to the company as a whole, not that particular instrument. The EC-256 is a good, solid guitar, with very good construction. The two main bad parts which you'll have to spend some money on is the pickups and the tuners. The tuners are the old cheap LTD Die Cast and they're terrible. They can't stay in tune for a day if you play it that much. The pickups are LH-150's which are what they use on the 100 series which are the worst ESP makes. Now, if you can look past those problems, then you've got a fine guitar. Trade out the pickups for some EMG's or SD's, then get some Gotoh Magnum tuners or something like that.

+1
Quote by Imptheshrimp
I ordered one and it is yet to come. I personally love ESPs, very good quality guitars for good prices. The EC-256 should be pretty good for metal and thrash from what I've seen. If you want to hear how it plays, there are two guys on youtube who have them: 21Thanos21 and Revertdp. Thanos has an AVB and plays metallica stuff, and Revertdp has an AHB and plays a variety of stuff and he has a 3 video review up. Check them out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuvfshDleV0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HTCHxC449o

good luck!

Dude thread from last year needs to stay behind just create a new thread whenever you get it and post pics otherwise it'll get spammed up with tubgirl pics and closed kthxbai.