Page 1 of 2
hey
so after i get my new amp latter this year im wanting to get a guitar to accommodate D and C tuning cause i dont want to keep tuning my SG from Standard to D and C cause 1) i dont wanna change the gauge on the guitar cause i like using 9's for standard tuning and 2) im sure it isn't vary good for the guitar to be constantly tuning to different tunings. im lookin in the price range of like $500-$700 and FYI my new anp is gonna be a bugera tube amp so they will not be played thru my spider. im lookng at the ibanez iceman but im open to any and all suggestions.

thanks
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I'd think a Schecter or something would do fine.

I'm sure most guitars could handle those tunings, you just need the right string gauge and a proper setup.
i really do love my ibanez rg2ex2.
i put new pickups in it , which makde it a lot nicer
the guitar was 300 and the pickups were about 200.
it really screams man i can tune it all the way to drop A#.
good luck bud.
scheters are also nice, as well as ESPs
Really any guitar sounds fine in drop tunings, just get heavier strings, I like to buy 7 sting sets and just not use the low E. But most Ibanez's and Jacksons handel low tunings well. Lol I saw someone with a First Act guitar in drop B. So just get a guitar your happy with.
Quote by bradulator
Iceland has the coolest women.
ok so most of yall are sayin either schecter or Jackson so these are the guitars of of those that i like heres the jackson im lookin http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-DKMGT-Dinky-Electric-Guitar-512241-i1147632.gc

and heres the Schecter http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-C-1-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar-518451-i1385936.gc so of theses which of would u guys so are best
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Schecter man! Expcially the hellraiser if you want to play some of that heavy stuff.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
What kind of tone are you looking for? The Jackson you mentioned is going to sound a little brighter than the Schecter, since it's got an Alder body (admittedly though, the EMG's in both of them make the wood less tonally relevant). In terms of quality, I'd personally go with the Jackson, though both of them are generally well- made.

Try 'em out and see which you prefer.
Quote by Grevious555

theres a guy that plays killswitch covers on that on youtube and it actually sounds pretty good, id say get any good ibanez/schecter/esp and stick a drop sonic in it
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ash_attack
theres a guy that plays killswitch covers on that on youtube and it actually sounds pretty good, id say get any good ibanez/schecter/esp and stick a drop sonic in it

whats a drop sonic?
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by piginacanoe212
string gauges, 10s or 11s.
11's for sure. I am in Drop C with My Ibanez, and I have 11-50's on it, although I replaced the 50 with a 54 afterwards.

I could Go 12's with it if I wanted, and That would be a bit tight. But even 11's feel a touch loose.
Quote by sandman-105
ok so most of yall are sayin either schecter or Jackson so these are the guitars of of those that i like heres the jackson im lookin http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-DKMGT-Dinky-Electric-Guitar-512241-i1147632.gc

and heres the Schecter http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-C-1-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar-518451-i1385936.gc so of theses which of would u guys so are best

Out of those 2 I'd go with the Jackson.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shredx
Out of those 2 I'd go with the Jackson.

I would go with the Schecter. It has a Set neck and Mahogany Body, plus Coil splitting versions of EMGS
Quote by FRDesign
I would go with the Schecter. It has a Set neck and Mahogany Body, plus Coil splitting versions of EMGS

+1
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
a bass
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Quote by Sakattack75
a bass

well looking at your sig i see you've made very fine purchase decisions and are fully qualified to be a douchenozzle
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
a guitar with a longer scale length or just put a pair of 10-56's on it and it should work..
rl]
Quote by ash_attack
well looking at your sig i see you've made very fine purchase decisions and are fully qualified to be a douchenozzle

well, i'm proud to have a spider. if it's EQed right, its the best fvcking modeling amp on the planet.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Quote by Tubyboulin
You cant tune a bass that high

d standard i can see, but why does somebody need to drop 2 whole steps. if u need to sound that heavy, get a bass
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
Quote by Sakattack75
d standard i can see, but why does somebody need to drop 2 whole steps. if u need to sound that heavy, get a bass

Because we all know bassists cant solo

...except for Billy Sheehan. hes cool.
Quote by Sakattack75
well, i'm proud to have a spider. if it's EQed right, its the best fvcking modeling amp on the planet.

You do know you just made it so no one will ever take your advice ever again right?
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Quote by alienboy18241
You do know you just made it so no one will ever take your advice ever again right?

+1
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by Sakattack75

Go play a Vetta. Now.
Schecter Blackjack ATX
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Sakattack75

Idiot, a bass is still way further down, enough of your failed logic.
rl]
Quote by alienboy18241
Schecter man! Expcially the hellraiser if you want to play some of that heavy stuff.

i LOVE my hellraiser =]
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Quote by musicTHEORYnerd
i LOVE my hellraiser =]

As do I
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Quote by alienboy18241

as if they took my advice in the first place.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
Quote by StealthyHayze
Idiot, a bass is still way further down, enough of your failed logic.

why do you need to be that heavy? if you wanna be that heavy you might as well be playing a bass.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
Quote by ash_attack
+1

Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
Quote by Sakattack75
why do you need to be that heavy? if you wanna be that heavy you might as well be playing a bass.

Ok, im going to refer to one of my mentors on this one. Red Foremen says:

"...Dumbass"

C Standard and Standard Bass are quite a bit apart. Take Bad Horsie by Steve Vai for example. heavy riff, not as low as a bass though (i know its only Drop C but my point stands). it would sound like crap if you just played that on a bass, plus then he still had a trem and all 6 strings to solo with.

As other people have said Shecter are great.
Quote by Sakattack75

No....a guitar tuned low still sounds like a guitar because of pickups, scale length, string gauge.

EDIT: TS, any non-miniature/travel guitar will be fine as long as you use the correct string gauge.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Jul 22, 2008,
Page 1 of 2