...So, my 18th birthday was on Friday, and I went out with some friends yesterday. We went to the mall, and, as a late birthday present, one of my friends stole me at least $40 worth of stuff. First, he got me a cigarette case. Then, "Ride The Lightning" on vinyl. Lastly, he stole me a pink Zippo with the words "The Bitch's Lighter" on it. He did it as a joke, and I laughed. Now, problem is, the Zippo was empty. I went to Stop & Shop to buy some fluid, but, stupid me, I bought butane instead. Gas =/= fluid. But, now, I'm out of money, and I have no lighter fluid around the house.

So, question is, can I fill the cotton in the bottom of the Zippo with any kind of combustible liquid, as long as it's not super explosive? How about Axe body spray? Furniture polish?

Oh, and, this is a serious question.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
yes, use white spirit.
Don't use any household **** like polish, too risky.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Slooj, I'd bang you so hard.

••The Robin Trower Fans Group••
PM me to join!
My uncle used to fill his zippo with just about any liquid fuel, i remember him using kerosene, rubbing alcohol even regular gasoline..although i dont recommend any of them, make my smoke taste a little funny.
Sig go here.
hey thats funny, my 17th bday was on friday.

well it sounds like itd work out fine, but like he^ said, it prly would make ur smoke taste a lil funny.
Stole you stuff? How badass!
mmmk.
Use something like white spirit, I'd definately avoid body spray and furnature polish. Body spray will make things taste like ****+polish will probably **** the lighter up by clogging up the cotton bit
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Just have him steal the fuel you need.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by Gyroscope

+1
incubus rocks my world
If it's actually a zippo, it's worth $40 by itself. I've never seen a store where one could simply grab a zippo and leave, they are always in locked cases. I doubt you have a real zippo.

If you can't afford to buy zippo fluid, which is cheap, I can't imagine how you can afford to burn anything.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I've uses ave body spray before, it works ok but it burns very fast and the flame sputters and jumps a lot.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by faultyy
Use something like white spirit, I'd definately avoid body spray and furnature polish. Body spray will make things taste like ****+polish will probably **** the lighter up by clogging up the cotton bit

Where can I get this White Spirit stuff, and what is it?

Quote by Gyroscope

He was going to, but once he realized I got gas instead of fluid, we were already quite far from Stop & Shop, and, at the Wal*Mart we were at, all the lighter fluid is kept behind the counter, with the cigarettes.

Quote by Vornik
If it's actually a zippo, it's worth $40 by itself. I've never seen a store where one could simply grab a zippo and leave, they are always in locked cases. I doubt you have a real zippo.

If you can't afford to buy zippo fluid, which is cheap, I can't imagine how you can afford to burn anything.

This. It isn't a "real" Zippo. It's one of those novelty wind-proof lighters that you can get in Spencer's Gifts. I just say Zippo because, well, it's shorter than wind-proof lighter. The only reason I can't afford the Zippo fluid is because I spent all my money on Friday and Yesterday. Apparently, cigarette prices in Massachusetts are completely ridiculous. I mean, $7.30 for a pack of Marlboro Smooth 100s? $6.43 for my pack of Reds? It's retarded. I love living in New Hampshire for the fact that, well, no sales tax.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
Quote by Jekkyl

This. It isn't a "real" Zippo. It's one of those novelty wind-proof lighters that you can get in Spencer's Gifts. I just say Zippo because, well, it's shorter than wind-proof lighter. The only reason I can't afford the Zippo fluid is because I spent all my money on Friday and Yesterday. Apparently, cigarette prices in Massachusetts are completely ridiculous. I mean, $7.30 for a pack of Marlboro Smooth 100s? $6.43 for my pack of Reds? It's retarded. I love living in New Hampshire for the fact that, well, no sales tax.

Don't you dare complain about cigarette prices in the States.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik

+1. We have to pay £4.50-5.00 for a (decent) pack of 20 over here. That's $9-10.
Quote by Vornik

Haha, what are they where you live?
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
Does White Spirit definitely work in zippos? Has someone tried it before? I have loads of that stuff in my house, and no lighter fluid. It would be very useful if it does work
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins

typically.. for lighters.. you use.. lighter fluid.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Jekkyl
Where can I get this White Spirit stuff, and what is it?

White spirit is paint thinner.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
White spirit is paint thinner.

Can you use any other kind of paint thinner?
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
Quote by Jekkyl
Can you use any other kind of paint thinner?

depends on which type you use, but some of it is highly volatile and would be dangerous.

Last.fm
Quote by yannick.godesar
CrowLord it definately works, but the flame is a lot bigger and it dries a lot quicker. But its an good alternative

Where do you people come from ? Srs
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

a pink Zippo with the words "The Bitch's Lighter" on it.

Fuckin' nice.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by yannick.godesar
k.lainad Belgium πŸ˜‚

lol
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Tom_hatton
+1. We have to pay £4.50-5.00 for a (decent) pack of 20 over here. That's $9-10.

This post πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You're looking at £8 for a decent 20 nowadays
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

What's with all the necro-bumps recently?  
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON