Hi I know this is incredibly random but I was wondering if Americans have distinct accents. I'm an American of course and the Australian and British etc are so very distinct to me, I was just wondering if our American accents were very distinct to them as well. Anyways Euros and Aussies, input is appreciated.
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Gays aren't discriminated against, they just can't get married, big ****ing deal.
No, we don't.

:P
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Italian. Loud, obnoxious. Most of the american's i've heard sound like they're from the south.

I don't think they have a distinct accent though, it varies from state to state.
Of course you ****ing do, everyone has an accent, you're just so used to your own voices you think you talk normally, just like everyone else, it's pretty simple to be honest.
Yup, you do.

EDIT: Of course, given the size of America, it's going to vary from state to state, but if you were to gather them all in one room, you could still tell they were American, yes.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
There are many American accents, just as there are in other large/diverse countries.

Isn't that obvious?
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
There are several, it all depends on where you're at.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
i think it depends on where you're from in the states. i find some americans to have noticeable accents while others sound like they could come from Canada like me
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Yes, it's very noticeable.

Southern accents make me laugh, I can't take the people seriously
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Of course you ****ing do, everyone has an accent, you're just so used to your own voices you think you talk normally, just like everyone else, it's pretty simple to be honest.

ok calm down man lol. I know every one has an accent, I was just wondering how distinct our's are. just chill out mang
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Gays aren't discriminated against, they just can't get married, big ****ing deal.
Quote by lewymcgee
Hi I know this is incredibly random but I was wondering if Americans have distinct accents. I'm an American of course and the Australian and British etc are so very distinct to me, I was just wondering if our American accents were very distinct to them as well. Anyways Euros and Aussies, input is appreciated.

Do you mean distinct between different parts of the country? Or just in general?
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
i asked a canadian (first mistake) if there were any music shops around here and he thought i said 'buisiness' something. im from virginia so. i dont know how you could confuse music with buisiness. can the brits and other people talk normal? cause i can try to talk like them with the accents and stuff.
Member of the Nick Grundy group

Creator of The American Bass Fishing Group <join it if you like to fish
Quote by paintITblack39
people from boston and new york have the most noticeable one.

well id say a deep southern accent is extremely noticeable, or a new orleans, bayou-type accent is also very apparent.
It varies from area to area.

I'm from Pittsburgh

Personally i dont speak any, what they call "Pittsburgheese"
becuase I think peope sound retareded when they say things like "dahn tahn" (down town)
or "Pixburg" instead of Pittsburgh

or "crick" instead of "creek"

but if you go south, people have a distinct way of prounouncing some words.

Honestly the same goes for people from England, depending on where you are from there are various accents
and any country for that matter
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
We're just used to our own accent, so we think its just a normal accent. But to other accented people, they can easily notice the difference. Just like we can easily notice the difference of others.

Also, isn't there the southern accent and the northerner accent in America?

Canada has the same northerner accent as America in the west, but in the east side, its more of that stereotypical Canadian accent, eh?

And doesn't England have two different distinguishable accents as well? There's the Cockney accent and then there's that "normal" English accent that we always hear in television.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
^haha

That's the dumbest thing I've read in a while.

haha

[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']/thread basically.

It's good to try and elaborate a bit though.

Yeah, I edited my post to check something first. I may still end up laughing though. Even if he did mean distinct between different parts of a country.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde