I've been having trouble playing alot of metallica songs like seek and destroy because I cant seem to get that sharp tone in the intro riff without it being muffled out by the open a string

It seems like when I boost my settings all I get is fuzz from the gain but I want to get that tone that metallica gets in their riffs . I have a line 6 so I have plenty of settings but can someone give me some pointers to get that sharp tone without the fuzz?
Scoop your mid, pump up your bass and treble, but put down your mid to around 2 or 3. There's a good start. Remember, gain isn't always the key to a good tone, play around from about half way, then move it up until you find a setting you like.
Quote by gorecore=me
is a bidet a type of crisp?
Quote by Nerdo-sez-bo
Scoop your mid, pump up your bass and treble, but put down your mid to around 2 or 3. There's a good start. Remember, gain isn't always the key to a good tone, play around from about half way, then move it up until you find a setting you like.

horrable idea ...metallica back then played with alot of mids

i had the same problem when i had a crate 2x12...it could be a need for a better amp speakers..or anything like that
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by Lax333
Should I be palm muting the open A?

From when I used to play Metallica all the time...

Yes.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
If you have a spider it may be difficult. Those things require alot of
tweaking. Some Tube tone can't be recreated on SS amps.

Tube amps have a sharp tone in some riffs compared to SS amps.

Kirk Hammett is famous for his *Wah-Wah* and his *Mids* so you will
have to crank the mids up. You will need some hot overdrive. The problem
with the spiders is that overdrive pedals tend to send them into clipping
levels at low volumes.

You can do a good cover for those that remember listening to Metallica on
cassette. Sometimes that can make pretty cool memories..
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
dude just find the For whom the bell tolls setting and crank up the treble thats how i got my kill em all sound of my spider
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS