It's debated, but no one has really seemed to try one yet, so it's hard to say. Some complain about the lack of an OFR, which was done so that it could have a lo profile tremolo. Most people will say that it's horribly overpriced, but without them or me having tried it, I can't really argue either way, and I don't feel like they can. If you see one try it. However, you could probably get a better guitar for less money from companies such as KXK guitars.
I really want to try that guitar, because of a video were Rusty shows the guitar and it looks like it has the best upper fret access ever! actually for being a usa made guitar, with ebony fretboard, custom inlays and all that ****, then i don´t think that 1899$ is very overpriced (the Jem is more expensive for an example and the JP signature is about the same price i think) but still very expensive.
So i would try it out first
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
No offense to Rusty Cooley and his crazy "betcha can't play this" shredding skills, but I think the guitar is somewhat ugly. The horns are out of proportion, and the graphic looks pretty blurry to me. He's a great guitar player, but the guitar is overpriced because it's a USA Dean.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
+1 on the Loomis. It was one of the best guitars I have ever played. If not that, then get the Ibanez UV777, that guitar rocks my world.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
I doubt the Schecters would feel like the Dean, since RC had a signature Ibanez before...
Like they said, KXK or Sherman.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
RC had a signature Ibanez before...

When did that happen? I don't remember that happening ever...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

When did that happen? I don't remember that happening ever...

Sorry for the double post, but it's easier to just click the quote button. He had a CUSTOM ibanez, but not a signature that was released as a production model. At least as far as I know.
Quote by TheShred201
Sorry for the double post, but it's easier to just click the quote button. He had a CUSTOM ibanez, but not a signature that was released as a production model. At least as far as I know.

That's what I thought as well, I was just making sure.

To be honest I still prefer the look of his 8-string Conklin, beats the hell out of his Ibanez and the Dean.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Interesting question: does anyone know if Conklin make 6 string guitars? I mean we know the make 6 string basses and 7 string guitars but I don't think I've ever seen anyone with a 6-string guitar...

Edit: Never mind, I just found the 6-string gallery on their web page.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Jul 20, 2008,
Just looking through their gallery this: http://www.conklinguitars.com/bizarregallery/biz6images/emeraldsidewinderdescript.html

Is a beautiful guitar...I think I want one...any kind of idea what they charge for them?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
http://www.conklinguitars.com/guitarprices.html

Rusty's estimated value is $16,200. You can read about it here:
http://www.conklinguitars.com/cherishedoctober.html

My favorite is the buckeye burl top here:
http://www.conklinguitars.com/cherishedmay.html
Which is estimated at $16,200 as well.
Quote by TheShred201
http://www.conklinguitars.com/guitarprices.html

Rusty's estimated value is $16,200. You can read about it here:
http://www.conklinguitars.com/cherishedoctober.html

My favorite is the buckeye burl top here:
http://www.conklinguitars.com/cherishedmay.html
Which is estimated at $16,200 as well.

*epic facepalm* That's what I get for not looking very hard, I hope I've learned my lesson this time...probably not though.

That burl top is quite spectactular; I like very much but dear god those are some expensive guitars, looks like that's going to have to wait a long time.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by TheShred201
Just about THE most expensive custom electric guitar company I know of. Those 2 aren't even their most expensive ones.

Even the 'cheap', bog-standard, no-extra-features guitars are damn pricey, their base price for a 6 string is $4200

Beautiful instruments though.

Like I said, it'll have to wait. Until I at least have a house and a good job

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by TheShred201
Yeah. The most expensive one I saw a price for was the middle one in february:
http://www.conklinguitars.com/cherishedfebruary.html
Middle bass. $33,600.

I can see why, that's an absurd bass; I'd be afraid to play it in case I got a scratch on it.

Actually, now that I think about it, my favourite Conklin is the one Santiago Dobles from Aghora uses: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xGgKPEc0tw0&NR=1

Beautiful top and the chops to go with it.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
That is probably the best 7 I have seen in a long time from what I seen/heard.

If rusty can fly through every note on that guitar like water than it must be good.
Quote by StealthyHayze
Its way overpriced, go buy a loomis instead.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yqtbgDO2OHM

The things that he is saying about this guitar sounds like it is way better than the Loomis and IMO sounds better.

TS this guitar looks great , sounds great, and have no limitation (according to Rusty lol) unlike most 7 strings.

BTW, to have quality you need to cough up money.
Quote by herman ri2
If rusty can fly through every note on that guitar like water than it must be good.

He used to play just as fast on Ibanezs, Jacksons and a Conklin 8 string; the guitar has very little effect on his playing ability.

I would also not trust that video, it's more of a sales pitch than anything else, the fact that it has a betcha can't play this lick on the end is little more than incidental.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
He used to play just as fast on Ibanezs, Jacksons and a Conklin 8 string; the guitar has very little effect on his playing ability.

I would also not trust that video, it's more of a sales pitch than anything else, the fact that it has a betcha can't play this lick on the end is little more than incidental.

When you make a signature guitar you put EVERYTHING you expecting of the best that fits you and that gives you no limitations.Don't put the "it a sales pitch" bull**** because you have no idea if it is.BTW, I'm pretty sure that you not RC so you can't say if he plays faster or not. Like Coolney said " about the cutaway and the everything that was not on his Ibanez and didn't give him a lot of freedom.You don't need to trust the video but trust the man that made the guitar.
Quote by herman ri2
When you make a signature guitar you put EVERYTHING you expecting of the best that fits you and that gives you no limitations.Don't put the "it a sales pitch" bull**** because you have no idea if it is.BTW, I'm pretty sure that you not RC so you can't say if he plays faster or not. Like Coolney said " about the cutaway and the everything that was not on his Ibanez and didn't give him a lot of freedom.You don't need to trust the video but trust the man that made the guitar.

1 - The video was recorded for a betcha can't play this segment, now, I figure that when you spend more or less half the time talking about the instrument there's at least a little bit of sale pitch in there; no one else has talked abotu the guitar they played in their segments so why should he? Because it's a signature model that needs to get sold.

2 - Cooley has been playing for years and has maintained his speed for pretty much the entire time he's been in the public eye, he has played other guitars for the vast majority of that time so that guitar has absolutely nothing to do with the speed of his playing.

3 - You can play ideas like that on any decent guitar; Guthrie Govan plays some damn stretchy ideas on a standard strat shaped guitar. Check lick number 3 in this video: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fBvBaYxpG1E

4 - Give me one reason to trust him, I see none.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
1 - The video was recorded for a betcha can't play this segment, now, I figure that when you spend more or less half the time talking about the instrument there's at least a little bit of sale pitch in there; no one else has talked abotu the guitar they played in their segments so why should he? Because it's a signature model that needs to get sold.

2 - Cooley has been playing for years and has maintained his speed for pretty much the entire time he's been in the public eye, he has played other guitars for the vast majority of that time so that guitar has absolutely nothing to do with the speed of his playing.

3 - You can play ideas like that on any decent guitar; Guthrie Govan plays some damn stretchy ideas on a standard strat shaped guitar. Check lick number 3 in this video: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fBvBaYxpG1E

4 - Give me one reason to trust him, I see none.

1. BTW, they have different sections/interivew and such before the BCPT section for guitar world.Coolney just mixed the advertising section up with the BCPT section.

example: http://youtube.com/watch?v=LpqSsddLzYc , http://youtube.com/watch?v=ENiROk4UjLo&feature=related ,
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ferz2zZJGrk&feature=related

2. Coolney is a great player but me and you both know the when you have an instrument that fits your requirements that you tend to play a bit fast and you feel more comfortable and play better .Like if you had your own signature with YOUR requirements of the perfect guitar for you, you would be playing a bit faster, more better, and you feel more comfortable.

3. skipped.

4.You don't have to, he is not forcing you to buy anything, he just showing you what is out there and what his idea of his guitar offers you.I'm not giving you a reason to buy the guitar because it is not mine.If you like what he is offering then that is your reason and if not then find something that fits you.

If you are going to reply please keep it at a minimum I hate writing long replies back.
Quote by herman ri2
1. BTW, they have different sections/interivew and such before the BCPT section for guitar world.Coolney just mixed the advertising section up with the BCPT section.

I have at least 8 guitar world discs in my room somewhere and none of them have advertising from the people doing the BCPT...

Quote by herman ri2
4.You don't have to, he is not forcing you to buy anything, he just showing you what is out there and what his idea of his guitar offers you.I'm not giving you a reason to buy the guitar because it is not mine.If you like what he is offering then that is your reason and if not then find something that fits you.

I can think of any number of other reasons I wouldn't buy the RC7 but I also instinctively disbelieve anyone who I know is trying to sell something to me, especially if they have some kind of vested interest in getting the item in question sold.

Quote by herman ri2
If you are going to reply please keep it at a minimum I hate writing long replies back.

I'll make my replies as long as I like, if you don't want to reply because they're too long then don't

I'll say it again: the insturment has nothing to do with the speed at which the man plays. Proof. And again.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Jul 21, 2008,
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I have at least 8 guitar world discs in my room somewhere and none of them have advertising from the people doing the BCPT...

I can think of any number of other reasons I wouldn't buy the RC7 but I also instinctively disbelieve anyone who I know is trying to sell something to me, especially if they have some kind of vested interest in getting the item in question sold.

I'll make my replies as long as I like, if you don't want to reply because they're too long then don't

I'll say it again: the insturment has nothing to do with the speed at which the man plays. Proof. And again.

Yeah, anyways..I'm done.

Just getting annoying and repetitive.
Quote by TheShred201
It's not $1899, it's 2999. It was 1899 when it was going to be imported.

If it's 2999$ then it's very overpriced! check for a local luthier or carvin maybe?
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Yeah double the price and you'll see at just how overpriced it is, ok the specs are pretty top notch but unless your a serious Cooley fanatic and find his specs comfortable to play on then its worth buying a more universally accessible guitar.

There are much better guitars on the market IMO, saying that i havent actually played one but it has got to be godly to play.