I tried a washburn spalted(?) top guitar in the music store today, i think it was a reasonable price but I dont really care thats not an issue.
it looked like that picture kind of, with the wierd wood grain
the thing is I want people's opinions on this thing, because although it seemed to play nicely, im mostly a bass player, i found it had a bassy tone, i liked it, not as crisp as some of the acoustics in the room but very full. the thing is when i started out, i thought the marshall MG sounded good too, so i'm wondering if this guitar is considered to be reliable and nice sounding by acoustic players or maybe something else is considered a better sound.

i know that one should buy what they think sounds good, but if other people dont think it sounds good, they wont hear you play right.

thanks
Attachments:
guitar.jpg
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
I have always looked at it this way, it does not matter what name is on the headstock or what you paid for it. All that matters is the quality of sound coming out of the soundhole. If you played the washburn and like the feel of it and the tone and sound was pleasant to your ears, that is all that matters. You cant please everone. Some will like the tone and some will not. Do whats best for you. To many players get into the thinking that if I buy a name and spend alot, it will make me play and sound better. A player makes the guitar, a guitar does not make the player.

Bill
yeah i know, i just dont want to make an uninformed decision though.

i'm thinking that i will mostly be playing country and probably jazz... is this smooth bassy tone okay for that?

EDIT: i like the sound of alvarez acoustics that i tried, i thought the fenders sound like loud cheap ****ty electrics,
in case that helps, i just have no clue what im looking for
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
Last edited by mosh_face at Jul 20, 2008,
dude, you gotta know what type of music you gonna play and then choose an instrument suited to that style. A guitar is a guitar... If you play it with passion and you practice to develop your technique then you become a great player and you'll sound marvellous on any instrument you pick up! Washburns are great guitars and good for those on a budget too! Define your musical horizon first. That will lead you to the instrument you seek.