Well I was watching this video from last year's VH1 Rock Honors when ozzy played Crazy Train.Then I noticed it sounded almost exactly identical another version on youtube.I played the two together and everything past the intro solo fill was exactly spot on and identical.If you don't believe me watch both these vids past the intro and see what I mean.

Vh1 Performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hytzrxaATc4

Jimmy Kimmel Performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPLtxDLSVHY
Amateurs practice til they get it right...Pros practice til they cant get it wrong. Zakk Wylde I THINK is a pro, therefore, he can never get it wrong? possibly?
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Have you considered that maybe, just maybe he practices the intro solo so he doesn't play some random crap and ruin the song in front of the audience and the whole country?
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
You ever thought Zakk Wylde may not be a fake? Just an extremely good guitarist?
These things do exist you know.

Or has that not crossed your mind?
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
that sounds like its almost the same but maybe Zakk's just so good he doesnt screw up and plays everything spot on.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American 52 Telecaster RI
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
Orange Cabinets
I'm aware is very good at playing but it just seemed strange that the videos sounded exactly alike.
Theres no way in hell he made it this far by being a fake man. He's a very talented guitar player, he probably practiced that song forever and got it where he never missed a note.
Good guitarist play a different solo every night. Hearing the same boring solo is talentless, anyone (within reason) could learn that solo and play it night after night. It takes some real talent to modify it and play it slightly different each night. Therefore, he's just an average guitarist.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Wow, it was like a potential Zakk Wylde flame-thread. The dude is a genius. Get over it ^.
Gears;
Schecter Tempest Custom - Pearl
EMG 81/85
Digitech RP350
UX2 / Audition / Ableton
Zakk over-*****s pinch harmonics...or at least he does in these performances
Quote by srvflood
Good guitarist play a different solo every night. Hearing the same boring solo is talentless, anyone (within reason) could learn that solo and play it night after night. It takes some real talent to modify it and play it slightly different each night. Therefore, he's just an average guitarist.

What drugs are you on man?
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

Quote by Teh_Asian_Pro
What drugs are you on man?

Elaborate. I know you don't agree with me, but what part don't you agree with?
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by srvflood
Good guitarist play a different solo every night. Hearing the same boring solo is talentless

um what if the solo isn't boring? everyone can generally write music that is better sounding and fits with the song better than they can improvise, sometimes things should be left alone. its like saying a singer should sing different melodies every time they sing a song or its boring, variation can be good but its in no way mandatory
Quote by nick_kcin
um what if the solo isn't boring? everyone can generally write music that is better sounding and fits with the song better than they can improvise, sometimes things should be left alone. its like saying a singer should sing different melodies every time they sing a song or its boring, variation can be good but its in no way mandatory

I agree with this.

On topic though, I seriously doubt Zakk is a fake or anything like that. That being said, I can't stand him tbh.
Originally Posted by srvflood
Good guitarist play a different solo every night. Hearing the same boring solo is talentless

First of all, certain songs have certain solos that are usually originated on the studio version of the song. Then, the guitarist might play a longer version or a slightly altered version live. However, it will still be based on the original version of the solo. Also, the guitarist will probably play the same solo night after night because he has developed the solo for the tour and aims for perfection rather than possibly screwing up something he improvises.

Originally Posted by Zappanator
Theres no way in hell he made it this far by being a fake man. He's a very talented guitar player, he probably practiced that song forever and got it where he never missed a note.

If you look at the Wikipedia entry for ZW, you'll see that he has been playing with Ozzy for his entire professional career. He has played every Ozzy song a zillion times and has them all nailed! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zakk_Wylde

Originally Posted by Thebiz
Zakk over-*****s pinch harmonics...or at least he does in these performances

I'm inclined to agree that ZW does overdo the pinch harmonics. However he is known for using them a lot and if it's your thing, there is probably no one better than him. You try squeezing a bunch of perfect pinches into a solo with all 64th notes!