i need a damn guitar to play hard rock and also be able to play punk and other stuff. Im lead guitar in a punk band but some solos have finger tapping and other stuff. Most time i play guns n roses, metallica and other stuff like that.

I must buy it online, 1000$ top used or new i dont care.

People have told me to get an SG or a Les Paul holy crap tell me the complete names of the stuff just dont come here and tell me get a gibson (for example)

My father is getting me a new one for me and my little brother (he doesn't play) but thanks to guitar hero ¬_¬ my brother wants a gibson ._. ****!

I play through a spider iii line 6 75 watts and a roland micro cube to jam in my room. I've been playing for like 5 months and a week i think. The hardest thing i can play is sweet child o mine, aint talking bout love and stuff like that ( im trying to tell you that i suck)

Please help me decide
get a new amp before you upgrade to a new guitar.
unless you're playing a piece of plywood or something.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Any kind of Gibson Les Paul sounds like it would fit the criteria really, probably an Epiphone Les Paul with your budget though, use google shopping to find a site for it.
if youve only been playing for 5 months, you dont need a gibson, hell no one needs a gibson look at epiphones, and Agiles. Invest in a new amp, line 6 is digital and sucks, get a nice tube amp.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

you've been playin 5 months, and you're dads buying you a 1000 dollar guitar? thats ****ed up.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
i said i didn't want a gibson i said my damn brother wants one because of guitar hero ._. and gibsons are expensive just because they are gibson they are not that great i know that..

gibson sg? which one?

Quote by HLrocker
you've been playin 5 months, and you're dads buying you a 1000 dollar guitar? thats ****ed up.

yeah but it is not only for me.. to my 2 brothers (the little one doesn't play) but the other one is pretty good
i think you should get a gibson les paul bfg in transparent gold color.it's great to do hard sounds and you can easily get punk sounds too.and it's a gibson too

only 969 us dollars with orginal hard case.
^Gibson is realy that good, people far over exagerate the decline in quality. They may not be good as they used to be, but they still own.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Quote by HLrocker
^Gibson is realy that good, people far over exagerate the decline in quality. They may not be good as they used to be, but they still own.

So are you going to suggest me something? or just came here to talk bull****?
Quote by gtr_101
if youve only been playing for 5 months, you dont need a gibson, hell no one needs a gibson look at epiphones, and Agiles. Invest in a new amp, line 6 is digital and sucks, get a nice tube amp.

actually you do need a gibson as epiphones arent very good.
Gibson Les Paul Studio. Call or go to a store and you will get a much lower price then just ordering off of the internet. If you call they lower the price 95% of the time, you just have to sweet talk.

And you don't need to go around acting tough and cursing at everyone and criticizing someones comment because they were defending Gibson.

Gibson is actually a high-quality brand and they have not had an extreme decline in quality over the years, as some people might think. There is nothing wrong with Gibson, and it was a good marketing move buying out Guitar Hero, because it obviously worked on your little brother. Who ironically doesn't play and is forcing you to get one.

I would also like to add that almost any guitar can do any sound with the right amp and pedals.

Edit: Also, it says in your original post that you are lead in a "punk band" but the "solos have fingertapping" and you "play mostly GnR and Metallica." That is quite a controversial statement, because punk doesn't really have tapping, and Guns n Roses and Metallica sure as hell isn't punk.
Do NOT look behind you.
Last edited by c_man471 at Jul 20, 2008,
Originally Posted by HLrocker

haha my first electric guitar is a Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite Sunburst from 1994 and i got it when ive only been playing for around 4 months
Quote by c_man471
Gibson Les Paul Studio. Call or go to a store and you will get a much lower price then just ordering off of the internet. If you call they lower the price 95% of the time, you just have to sweet talk.

And you don't need to go around acting tough and cursing at everyone and criticizing someones comment because they were defending Gibson.

Gibson is actually a high-quality brand and they have not had an extreme decline in quality over the years, as some people might think. There is nothing wrong with Gibson, and it was a good marketing move buying out Guitar Hero, because it obviously worked on your little brother. Who ironically doesn't play and is forcing you to get one.

I would also like to add that almost any guitar can do any sound with the right amp and pedals.

Edit: Also, it says in your original post that you are lead in a "punk band" but the "solos have fingertapping" and you "play mostly GnR and Metallica." That is quite a controversial statement, because punk doesn't really have tapping, and Guns n Roses and Metallica sure as hell isn't punk.

he is not forcing me to buy a gibson, he wants so he gets it (that how my father works with my little brother). I never said GN'R and Metallica were punk o_O i like them because i like Kirk's style and Slash tone. Well and our songs do have fingertapping its not 8 fingers tapping but it is... maybe i can send you the guitar pro tabs =)

And i must buy it online because here i can't get guitars. Only squiers, Rhoads and PRS (PRS sound great but they look like a 90 year old jazz player guitar)
considering you like GnR tone, you might want to try the epiphone slash model
http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPIENSS

I wasnt expecting much when I tried it out at sam ash, but it really felt great in my hands. I know people like to criticize epiphone but this guitar seemed pretty solid. If you've never played a les paul shape before though, you should try it. It doesn't have to be a Gibson or Epiphone, just the shape. I think the price in the store was around $750.
Quote by tipsy31191
considering you like GnR tone, you might want to try the epiphone slash model
http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPIENSS

I wasnt expecting much when I tried it out at sam ash, but it really felt great in my hands. I know people like to criticize epiphone but this guitar seemed pretty solid. If you've never played a les paul shape before though, you should try it. It doesn't have to be a Gibson or Epiphone, just the shape. I think the price in the store was around $750.

I've played a Les Paul before and a SG as well. i think im getting a SG not sure but i think i will get the SG.

with les paul is kinda hard to get like for example fret 19 in the E string

oh and thanks for suggesting
SG's are great too. I have an epiphone SG as my main guitar, my only problem with it is that the neck is very thick (SG-310), though i've heard that the thick neck has to do with my model, not SGs. I'm not sure what color you want, but i highly suggest the red wood color.
Try this out:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-SG-Prophecy-GX-Electric-Guitar-with-Dirty-Fingers-Pickups-515619-i1386471.gc

It has Gibson's Dirty fingers hot pups. They have coil taps on them (so they can play like humbuckers or single coils). Good for metal, and plays nice clean tones as well. Beautiful finish, gold hardware, Br00tal inlays and 24 frets. It's 550. You can go to Epiphone.com and click on prophecy to get better views/full specs. Also to view the rest of the prophecy line (i think you'll like the SG best though)
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
B.C. Rich Rich Bich Platinum
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
I'm pretty sure he plays in a punk band so he doesn't really need DF pickups. Also, GnR doesn't really have that brutal sound and latter metallica doesn't either. Me on the other hand, I would love to have that DF SG
You people are crazy.
It's not brand names that makes guitars, and I find personally that a 1000$ is far more that anyone should spend on a friend that is bound to receive abuse within the years. just to prove my point. I went in a pawnshop, a brand new guitar, selling for just under 200 dollars. It was a cheap name brand, but It was honestly the best Strat copy i ever played, I'd seriously pick it over the real thing. Only downfall was the cheap electronics. but that can be replaced easily for less than a 100 bucks. All this to say that you don't need a 1000 dollar guitar to sound good. I could get the same results for 300 dollars easily, last thing is not to rush a purchase because you want one, look around, try everything, and any guitar can play hard rock, like any other guitar can play blues and the opposite around. The player makes the first attack in tone, then the amp is the second to look for, pedals and pickups are nice to have upgraded to your liking but until you take full control of your instrument you'll never like it for what it is even after a pup swap it will still remain the same guitar, it might just sound a bit differently.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby

Tip: If you want out help stop being a jackass./
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
i need a damn guitar to play hard rock and also be able to play punk and other stuff. Im lead guitar in a punk band but some solos have finger tapping and other stuff. Most time i play guns n roses, metallica and other stuff like that.

I must buy it online, 1000$ top used or new i dont care.

People have told me to get an SG or a Les Paul holy crap tell me the complete names of the stuff just dont come here and tell me get a gibson (for example)

My father is getting me a new one for me and my little brother (he doesn't play) but thanks to guitar hero ¬_¬ my brother wants a gibson ._. ****!

I play through a spider iii line 6 75 watts and a roland micro cube to jam in my room. I've been playing for like 5 months and a week i think. The hardest thing i can play is sweet child o mine, aint talking bout love and

Please help me decide

how about a mim telecaster, w/ at least one humbucker, and a new amp.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
My suggestion for 1000$ still remains a ESP Horizon second hand. Best choice!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby

dont be such a twat to the people who are trying to help you, you ungrateful little ****.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking