Hey, not asking for help or anything, just had to post this.

At band the other day, we were just jamming allong a bit of VR, when we stopped, we were just having a bit of fun, and tutty (lead) was laughing, and I suddenly realised why i could hear it through my ear protectors. It was coming out of his amp! He was leant down probs a foot or so from his p/ups, a cheap strato copy, and they were so microphonic, they picked up his voice. I told him to pot them. He said he prefered it thatway. Lollage.

/Rant.

~Louis
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
Thats not a /rant. Wait til he gets microphonic tubes too, you can listen to radio or anything. It is slightly irritating.
EDIT: also this thread is kinda just spam but i am letting you off with a warning.
my brothers bass is microphonic i put it down one day and there was radio when there should be silence lol
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
yea ive heard the country station thru my amp a few times. and have u heard the paul gilbert song "get outta my yard?'' well he talks into his pups in it
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Quote by hendrix_128
yea ive heard the country station thru my amp a few times. and have u heard the paul gilbert song "get outta my yard?'' well he talks into his pups in it

It might be that he's just screaming loud enough to vibrate the strings :O ,but I wouldn't know.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
I managed to do that with my les paul the other day.

I even sang the bridge from "Kitten without a home" through them!
My SG's pickups started doing that and causing terrible microphonic feedback, so I switched them out for a delicious Duncan JB/Jazz set and all is right with the world.

Plus, they sound better than the old pickups ever did.
Quote by hendrix_128

you mean at the end when he says "get out of my yard?"

are you sure he isn't just using a talkbox?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
You can do that with almost any guitar. Just scream at the pickups.
Quote by Firequacker
It might be that he's just screaming loud enough to vibrate the strings :O ,but I wouldn't know.

im suprised this isnt dead yet, you can easily talk thru pickups theres a guy on youtube in the band face melters, the beginning of the song religion he talks into the pickup of his s series ibanez
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by cfhwarhead
EDIT: also this thread is kinda just spam but i am letting you off with a warning.

It's not spam! I don't see how it was, anyway. Care to explain? All I did was post something I wanted to say, If it was in the wrong area, just say so!
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
Quote by Zycho
You can do that with almost any guitar. Just scream at the pickups.

really? maybe if your insides were steel or something
At the end of a recording of a track on our album, my lead singer shouted into my bassist pickups, and on the recording you can hear "F*CK YOUUUU* pha! Classic =]
i can do that and get the local news station lol
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by itchy guitar

lmao if he had a talk box he would need a mic
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Yeah, recording studios never have mics.
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
Last edited by apollo66 at Jul 24, 2008,
Quote by itchy guitar

No, he definitely screams into the pickups, I've seen him talk about it (and do it live)
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by cfhwarhead
Thats not a /rant. Wait til he gets microphonic tubes too, you can listen to radio or anything. It is slightly irritating.

Hello there internet tough guy.

With enough conviction you can sing into guitar pickups; I do it all the time on a Fender Jaguar.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence