where do i buy this bad boy at
ive searched musicians friend and they dont have it...
so
does anyone know the price range of it?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
use this dealer search:
http://www.ibanez.com/dealers/

the list price is $3,066
so in store is probably in the 2 thousands
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker
use this dealer search:

the list price is $3,066

0_o
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
Quote by bi-ah!
0_o

Welcome to overpriced crap
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Sweet jesus that's expensive, you can get a top-of-the-line S series and a pickup swap to just about any set of pickups you care to mention for that kind of money. Or just buy a PGM...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i think i could prly just throw some dimarzzios in my s520...thats appx $2850 cheaper...
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by *sigh*
Quote by bi-ah!
i think i could prly just throw some dimarzzios in my s520...thats appx $2850 cheaper...

Like I said; for the same amount of money you could buy just about any S series guitar and swap the pickups out and still have enough money left over for a decent single effect pedal.

In fact, I could get an S-2170 with the spalted maple top and swap out the pickups for a full set of BKPs and still have money left over for the price of the E-Gen.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
^+1, your just getting a over-zealous chinamans name on it, so it kicks it up another $2500
Quote by AeroRocker
use this dealer search:

the list price is $3,066

ummm the ibanez website says steve vai's jem is $3199.99, and at my local store it was like $5000.00 , prolly a fluke tho, ive wanted the egen for months, but dont have the cash
Quote by bowen
^+1, your just getting a over-zealous chinamans name on it, so it kicks it up another $2500

but its purple and with gold parts , and I dont think the frets, handhold, pickups and color difference is reason for a like $2000.00 diference
I still stick to my opinion that it's madness to pay that for that guitar, if it had Real gold parts, then I can see it being a realistic price, and again, it wouldn't surprise me if Herman Ri was that stupid to put like 24 karrat gold on a guitar.
Quote by bowen
I still stick to my opinion that it's madness to pay that for that guitar, if it had Real gold parts, then I can see it being a realistic price, and again, it wouldn't surprise me if Herman Ri was that stupid to put like 24 karrat gold on a guitar.

How is it stupid? Stupid that he can afford to do that on his guitar? I detect jealousy, and it's Li.

Obviously you can do more for the money.
Quote by nager
How is it stupid? Stupid that he can afford to do that on his guitar? I detect jealousy, and it's Li.

Obviously you can do more for the money.

We all know his real name's Li but we like to call him Ri because of the youtube video and we don't like him.

I actually like the purple colour but no way am I going to pay that much for a finish and seeing as how that's basically all I'd be buying the guitar for over any other S series I'll stick with a prestige S thank you very much.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Like I said; for the same amount of money you could buy just about any S series guitar and swap the pickups out and still have enough money left over for a decent single effect pedal.

In fact, I could get an S-2170 with the spalted maple top and swap out the pickups for a full set of BKPs and still have money left over for the price of the E-Gen.

The E-Gen is MIJ and has the Edge Zero though. The 540 Radius is more similar to the E-Gen than the S is...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
The E-Gen is MIJ and has the Edge Zero though. The 540 Radius is more similar to the E-Gen than the S is...

I'm not by any means recommending a pickup change over a new guitar; I'm simply saying you could buy a top of the range Prestige S series guitar, change the pickups to some top-of-the-line pickups from just about any company you care to mention and still have change from the amount of money you would spend on the E-Gen. I know in terms of build quality a 540 won't match up but there are better alternatives for less money than the E-Gen.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by aznrockerdude

i find it ironic that a chinamans guitar is made in japan
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
wait, TS, do you plan to lift this guitar by the whammy bar,
jump around and dance while flailing it round and round?

if not, then FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT BUY IT
[/overreacting]
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Lol, a +2000$ guitar with crappy fake dimarzio's. Ibanez is a shame.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by bowen

As much as I dislike dragonforce, you can look as hard as you want, his name isn't on the E-Gen.
Over on Jemsite he's spoken with the members and told them that his intentions aren't to make money from this guitar, he mentioned "remembering how it was to be in a bedroom playing guitar" and how he wanted to make a guitar that was playable etc etc.
And the price is the same as it is for the JS, JEM and GB models, unfortunately it's a bit too expensive, but a lot of this bashing is coming from nowhere.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
As much as I dislike dragonforce, you can look as hard as you want, his name isn't on the E-Gen.
Over on Jemsite he's spoken with the members and told them that his intentions aren't to make money from this guitar, he mentioned "remembering how it was to be in a bedroom playing guitar" and how he wanted to make a guitar that was playable etc etc.
And the price is the same as it is for the JS, JEM and GB models, unfortunately it's a bit too expensive, but a lot of this bashing is coming from nowhere.

Actually it's more expensive than the most expensive JS I can find (apart from the 20th anniversary silver surfer one) but cheaper than the JEM77V...strangely enough it's worth noting that one of the most expensive models that Ibanez do is the Pat Metheny signature...I wonder how well those sell to be honest.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Yeah but it's within £500 of the JS series. Same with the GB. (which is about £500 higher in most cases) and yeah, I always wondered why they priced their more "jazz" sigs so high as most people who buy Ibanez nowadays are either shredders or kids thinking Ibanez are the ****, I'd probably buy a George Benson sig over a JEM if they were cheaper, and I'm a big JEM fan!
Quote by Lemoninfluence
on the guitar itself?

well its calling it herman lis and it says herman li signature but as far as on the guitar itself i dont know xD
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ash_attack
well its calling it herman lis and it says herman li signature but as far as on the guitar itself i dont know xD

nobody's denying it's the herman li sig. but his name isn't on the guitar and the guitar isn't called the herman li signature it's called the Egen, the same way Vai's sig guitar is called the JEM.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
dude theres no point shelling out this money for something thats basically a repainted s series anyway. herman li used an s series ibanez for more than 10 years, they just made this thing as a sort of tribute thing to one of ther emost loyal non-official brand ambassadors herman li. the edge zero is just a way of trying to get the edge name back in business after the world realised that the zero resistance tremolo was just so much better. seriously, just buy an s620exqm and replace the pickups or sumthing, if u want killer looks, decent stock pickups which ur probably gonna replace anyway, and some absolutely fantastic playability. also u dont get that pointless single coil pu in the middle that just gets in the way of picking. u can use the spare money for some really good pickups, or whatever else u want. i'm telling u, its worth it. the s series, both standard and prestige, play like a JEM(pun intended)
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by goonerbynature
dude theres no point shelling out this money for something thats basically a repainted s series anyway. herman li used an s series ibanez for more than 10 years, they just made this thing as a sort of tribute thing to one of ther emost loyal non-official brand ambassadors herman li. the edge zero is just a way of trying to get the edge name back in business after the world realised that the zero resistance tremolo was just so much better. seriously, just buy an s620exqm and replace the pickups or sumthing, if u want killer looks, decent stock pickups which ur probably gonna replace anyway, and some absolutely fantastic playability. also u dont get that pointless single coil pu in the middle that just gets in the way of picking. u can use the spare money for some really good pickups, or whatever else u want. i'm telling u, its worth it. the s series, both standard and prestige, play like a JEM(pun intended)

1 - He has been an official Ibanez endorser since Dragonforce got famous, it's not some kind of tribute it's a signature modal that he was actively involved in designing.

2 - It's not actually just a repainted S, the pickup/electronics configuration is a little different to the standard S series; the switching system works a little differently so you actually have 10 different switching options to choose from.

3 - The middle single coil isn't pointless, you just don't like it; if it gets in the way of picking you're picking too deep anyway.

I do still agree that it's way overpriced but at least make concessions where there are some to make. Please try to use English properly if you're going to make a post that long, that was painful to read.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.