Page 1 of 2
you see my parents have messed up my intire hopes because i always thought santa would eventually buy me a gibson les paul( sun burst of corse) n then every one was all like "wow man he aint real" so i was just wondering how did ya parents break the bad news to ya........ you see my mom n dad still say hes real(geeks) so is he real..
Last edited by whyamicalledjak at Jul 20, 2008,
Break what news?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I just put it together....
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Kensai
Break what news?

that was inevitable

but I asked my mum and she said he wasnt.. I actually cried.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by will123456789
that was inevitable

but I asked my mum and she said he wasnt.. I actually cried.

Owned

I don't really remember. I just put two and two together probably.

I still like to fool my little cousins, though. Last year I was santa ^^
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I kinda just figured it out. But I didn't care, hey, free stuff.
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
i don't remember, it must have been to traumatizing i blocked it out of my memory
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
My mom gave me the sex talk and told me santa wasnt real in the same car ride to my friends house, and they live like 15 min away. XD
i dont really recall ever believing in him

<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
oh wow

I'm hoping you aren't over the age of 10. If you're parents tricked you for 10 years, that's sad.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
i was mortified when i found out santa was infact one almighty farce. how my parents misled me as a child...
Quote by Snap017
Why listen to it? That song is for emos, homos, and girls.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
And Def Leppard aren't cool. Hell, rabies and Robert Mugabe are cooler.

Ibanez MTM2
Epiphone G400
Marshall MG15MS
Boss DS-1
Digitech Death Metal
Morley Bad Horsie
SANTA IS SATAN!!!

lol
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
most of UG are athiests, so obviously they already know he's not real
I see no sign of fortress.
Quote by Enihs
My mom gave me the sex talk and told me santa wasnt real in the same car ride to my friends house, and they live like 15 min away. XD

wow that's pretty funny
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Television ruined it for me... Oh, wrong punctuation on the title for this thread. You are asking a question, which requires a QUESTION MARK!
You joined in April and are just now posting?

And there's no way you were born in '91 and just now found out Santa isn't real.
Quote by Kensai
Owned

I tell my sister that I can hear sleighbells.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
Quote by soundgarden19
wow that's pretty funny

Ya it was, When we told my cousin about it she was kinda disgusted. I dont see why.
I kinda woke up on christmas eve and heard them. They still haven't told me. I guess they still think that i, at 20 still believe. They think im still a virgin too though...
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
B.C. Rich Rich Bich Platinum
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
Let's look at the facts..

1) There are approximately two billion children (persons under 18) in the world. However, since Santa does not visit children of Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, Jewish or Buddhist religions, this reduces the workload for Christmas night to 15% of the total, or 378 million (according to the Population Reference Bureau). At an average (census) rate of 3.5 children per household, that comes to 108 million homes, presuming that there is at least one good child in each.

2) Santa has about 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seems logical). This works out to 967.7 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with a good child, Santa has around 1/1000th of a second to park the sleigh, hop out, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left for him, get back up the chimney, jump into the sleigh and get on to the next house.

Assuming that each of these 108 million stops is evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false, but will accept for the purposes of our calculations), we are now talking about 0.78 miles per household; a total trip of 75.5 million miles, not counting bathroom stops or breaks.

This means Santa's sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second - 3,000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man-made vehicle, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second, and a conventional reindeer can run (at best) 15 miles per hour.

3) The payload of the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium sized Lego set (two pounds), the sleigh is carrying over 500 thousand tons, not counting Santa himself. On land, a conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that the "flying" reindeer could pull ten times the normal amount, the job can't be done with eight or even nine of them - Santa would need 360,000 of them. This increases the payload, not counting the weight of the sleigh, by another 54,000 tons, or roughly seven times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth (the ship, not the monarch).

4) 600,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance --- this would heat up the reindeer in the same fashion as a spacecraft re-entering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of Reindeer would absorb 14.3 quintillion joules of energy per second each. In short, they would burst into flames almost instantaneously, exposing the Reindeer behind them and creating deafening sonic booms in their wake. The entire reindeer team would be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second, or right about the time Santa reached the fifth house on his trip.

Not that it matters, however, since Santa, as a result of accelerating from a dead stop to 650 m.p.s. in .001 seconds, would be subjected to centrifugal forces of 17,500 g's. A 250 pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of the sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force, instantly crushing his bones and organs and reducing him to a quivering blob of pink goo.

5) Therefore, if Santa did exist, he's dead now.
Heres a tip. Pretend like you think hes real for as long as you can, and avoid any conversation about it with your parents. They will be forced to give you presents from "Santa" It works. I was 13 when they said "You know hes not real, right?" And I was like, yeah, ive known that for a while know. And then they said "Good, so you wont be disappointed if you dont get more stuff for christmas...?"
I was really suspicious,so I asked and I was like 'Ha! I knew it!"
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
My grade 1 teacher told me, and the rest of the class Santa wasnt real when i asked her if we could make our Christmas Crafts. I was gonna build a reindeer hat, but i was so heartbroken
i knew when my parents told me. i pieced it together. but i was like eh whatever.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Quote by justnmcknz
Let's look at the facts..

1) There are approximately two billion children (persons under 18) in the world. However, since Santa does not visit children of Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, Jewish or Buddhist religions, this reduces the workload for Christmas night to 15% of the total, or 378 million (according to the Population Reference Bureau). At an average (census) rate of 3.5 children per household, that comes to 108 million homes, presuming that there is at least one good child in each.

2) Santa has about 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seems logical). This works out to 967.7 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with a good child, Santa has around 1/1000th of a second to park the sleigh, hop out, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left for him, get back up the chimney, jump into the sleigh and get on to the next house.

Assuming that each of these 108 million stops is evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false, but will accept for the purposes of our calculations), we are now talking about 0.78 miles per household; a total trip of 75.5 million miles, not counting bathroom stops or breaks.

This means Santa's sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second - 3,000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man-made vehicle, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second, and a conventional reindeer can run (at best) 15 miles per hour.

3) The payload of the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium sized Lego set (two pounds), the sleigh is carrying over 500 thousand tons, not counting Santa himself. On land, a conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that the "flying" reindeer could pull ten times the normal amount, the job can't be done with eight or even nine of them - Santa would need 360,000 of them. This increases the payload, not counting the weight of the sleigh, by another 54,000 tons, or roughly seven times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth (the ship, not the monarch).

4) 600,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance --- this would heat up the reindeer in the same fashion as a spacecraft re-entering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of Reindeer would absorb 14.3 quintillion joules of energy per second each. In short, they would burst into flames almost instantaneously, exposing the Reindeer behind them and creating deafening sonic booms in their wake. The entire reindeer team would be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second, or right about the time Santa reached the fifth house on his trip.

Not that it matters, however, since Santa, as a result of accelerating from a dead stop to 650 m.p.s. in .001 seconds, would be subjected to centrifugal forces of 17,500 g's. A 250 pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of the sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force, instantly crushing his bones and organs and reducing him to a quivering blob of pink goo.

5) Therefore, if Santa did exist, he's dead now.

or he is just magic and doesn't have to obey the rules of physics.
Quote by Kensai
Owned

Pics or it didn't happen

I'd love to see you in a santa costume xD

Santa's real though
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Santa was real in in the 300's
he gave gold to poor kids

i learn that in school so dont tell me im wrong
Quote by Lil Macker
Please tell me he's not from The Pit. That place changes people...

*shudders*
I just figured it out being the ultra perceptive genius that I am.
I never got any presents anyway so I didn't know who the hell Santa Claus was until 14, and by then it was quite obvious he isn't real.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
santa's real if you believe in him... he just wont get you presents if you aren't a TRUE believer (have really nice parents)
Page 1 of 2