My Epiphone Les Paul has recently been producing some ungodly fret buzz on the low E 7th fret and A 2nd fret. I know it might be an intonation issue, but I don't know how to fix it. Could someone give me some sort of prognosis and what to do to help it? Thanks.
I'd like to grow up to be Charles Thompson.

Gear:

Fender American Standard Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard

VOX AC30 CC2X
VOX Pathfinder 15R

Line 6 DL4
Vox Original Wah
the searchbar, im sorry I just saw this same thread like 3 hours ago. And most of it's just a re-setup
try a smaller gauge string, or just fix your action to agree with the gauge you're currently using =]

it's most certainly an action problem though, unless you for some reason shaved down those two particular frets..
Eric Olsen
try raising your action, check out your intonation, and also check if there is anything under any of the frets, pushing them out above the neck. (i had this problem on my acoustic guitar)
Quote by SportzO289
try a smaller gauge string, or just fix your action to agree with the gauge you're currently using =]

it's most certainly an action problem though, unless you for some reason shaved down those two particular frets..

So using too high a gauge can cause fret buzz?
I'd like to grow up to be Charles Thompson.

Gear:

Fender American Standard Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard

VOX AC30 CC2X
VOX Pathfinder 15R

Line 6 DL4
Vox Original Wah
using thinner strings, will usually cause more buzz. the thinner strings pull less on the headstock and the neck straightens more.

instead raise the bridge a little. that will raise the strings (action).

tuning the guitar along the board is intonation.

detune a bit, lossen the screws on top of the bridge posts.
turn (raise) thumbscrews, pointed to by red arrows, to raise bridge, then tighten it all up again.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jul 21, 2008,