I have a fender deluxe reverb, a pod xt live( which i can't seem to get a nice distortion out of) and a G&L Legacy with EMG single coils in it, i also have a ts9 which isnt enough for me really.

I was wondering what kind of distortion pedal i should get, no Metal zones, i dont want a can of bees to be my sound, and a boss ds-1 seems not '' round'' enough,

what kind of pedals do you suggest, or which effect or amp i could check to get a decent sound from my podXTL

thanks
Last edited by ferguson911 at Jul 20, 2008,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Crank it?

The Deluxe reverb has tasty crank tones.

Yes but its like a notch under the sound i want to get, for rythm it cuts it, but for like rock leads and all it seems to lack a little
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boost pedal.

even with the ts9 boosted it doesnt cut it, + i cant always crank becaus of sound men at gigs who of course keep my volume down under 5 at all times so i cant get interesting tones
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Catalinbread Supercharged Overdrive.

Fulltone OCD.

Both are great pedals.

are you suggesting i change overdrive? i use both at the same time?

just tossing up pedal names is not very useful i beleive?!
hbe big d would be worth a look. it's a distortion pedal, but it actually sounds good- really versatile too. it's not super-cheap (especially in europe), but it's not crazy money like e.g. a klon centaur either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ferguson911
are you suggesting i change overdrive? i use both at the same time?

just tossing up pedal names is not very useful i beleive?!

The Supercharged is more of a Distortion pedal if anything.

You're looking for a Distortion pedal, are you not? Wouldn't that be helpful then?

The OCD is pretty grainy too.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The Supercharged is more of a Distortion pedal if anything.

You're looking for a Distortion pedal, are you not? Wouldn't that be helpful then?

The OCD is pretty grainy too.

Pretty much what im looking for, a nice distortion. I heard englsih muff or metal muff, are these anygood with a fender deluxe? also an MXR distortion 3 ( i kind of like this one)
Quote by ferguson911
Pretty much what im looking for, a nice distortion. I heard englsih muff or metal muff, are these anygood with a fender deluxe? also an MXR distortion 3 ( i kind of like this one)

This guy I know has a Deluxe and he either runs 2 TS808 pedals or runs a Big Ben distortion.

Personally I like the Big Ben tone because I like that British kind of tone.

The English Muff should be similar to the Big Ben so if you're into the whole British thing then by all means I say go for it.