I'm going to buy one of these within the next 3 months, but I can't decide on which one.

I listened to a lot of examples, and even though the Blues Junior is must less expensive, it sounds very similar to the Twin Reverb. Though the Twin Reverb has a fuller sound to my ears. So do you think the Twin Reverb justifies the price over a Blues Junior?

Also, which Twin is better; '65 Twin Reverb or Twin Amp? The specs say they each have different 12" speakers.

Twin-Amp has twelve tubes, a four button foot switch and much more control over the Effects Loop. The '65 Twin Reverb has ten tubes and appears to have no Effects Loop.
The 65 is a plug in and go amp. Sounds decent with a lot of guitars. They accept pedals really well. I used one for a lot of years. They are loud,don't break up and sound pretty darn nice.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Theres a few things you have to take into consideration.

The BJ is 15 watts, the Twin Reverb 85 and Twin 100. Big difference between the last two and the first, do you need the wattage?

The Twin Reverb and Twin will have better reverb and they have vibrato, which the BJ does not, do you need the Vibrato?

Also, Twin's are HEAVY, a BJ is a perfect grab and go amp to bring to a buddies to jam, the Twin's are more gig oriented amps.

Also, with the wattage point i made earlier, the BJ will breakup a bit above bedroom volume, the sweet spot on Twins are very far up the dial, as in near-earbleed levels.

And i know a lot of tube amp uses do not like to dwell on the issue of tube performance, but seeing as the 2 latter amps have a large amount of tubes. They will be more expensive if your going to completely retube it. Not a big issue, just thought i'd throw it out there.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
Theres a few things you have to take into consideration.

The BJ is 15 watts, the Twin Reverb 85 and Twin 100. Big difference between the last two and the first, do you need the wattage?

The Twin Reverb and Twin will have better reverb and they have vibrato, which the BJ does not, do you need the Vibrato?

Also, Twin's are HEAVY, a BJ is a perfect grab and go amp to bring to a buddies to jam, the Twin's are more gig oriented amps.

Also, with the wattage point i made earlier, the BJ will breakup a bit above bedroom volume, the sweet spot on Twins are very far up the dial, as in near-earbleed levels.

And i know a lot of tube amp uses do not like to dwell on the issue of tube performance, but seeing as the 2 latter amps have a large amount of tubes. They will be more expensive if your going to completely retube it. Not a big issue, just thought i'd throw it out there.

Thanks for the info.

I'm now wondering if the Blues Junior and a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET pedal would kick as much ass as with a Twin? I don't care if the Twin is louder. I want to know would it actually sound better or more or less the same?
Quote by BrickIsRed
Thanks for the info.

I'm now wondering if the Blues Junior and a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET pedal would kick as much ass as with a Twin? I don't care if the Twin is louder. I want to know would it actually sound better or more or less the same?

The Twin Reverb is a clean amp. It bites when you dig in, but it stays clear, loud, and very American. The BJ actually is an EL84 amp that is designed to allow for overdrive tones at lower levels, but has a few small construction flaws.

Solution? In my opinion, an Ampeg J-20 Jet. 20 watts, 2 6V6 tubes, hand wired P2P construction, about as much used as a new BJ. Try one out, they're really neat amps.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
The Twin Reverb is a clean amp. It bites when you dig in, but it stays clear, loud, and very American. The BJ actually is an EL84 amp that is designed to allow for overdrive tones at lower levels, but has a few small construction flaws.

What construction flaws does it have?
I decided I want the Twin Amp, since it can switch to a 1/4 power 25 watt mode (so I wouldn't need an attenuator). The addition of an effects loop is a plus too.
Quote by BrickIsRed
I decided I want the Twin Amp, since it can switch to a 1/4 power 25 watt mode (so I wouldn't need an attenuator). The addition of an effects loop is a plus too.

The construction flaws relate to how the pots are mounted; some say that PCB mounted pots are unstable and prone to being sheared off by a clumsy guitarist.

What Twin are you looking at? There are literally dozens of variations on the "Fender Twin", so think about exactly what you're looking at. I think there are 80's variations and 90's reissues that feature the effects loop and 25 watt option, but neither are the "best" examples of Fender Twin Reverb tone.
^would you say that a recent reissue does the original twin any justice, i played one and tough it was sweet with a MIM fender, i really like playing it with hot pups like the one on an MIM.
if wattage is not a primary factor check out the deluxe reverb reissue. 22 watts so it breaks up a little quicker but it has those lush twin cleans.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
The construction flaws relate to how the pots are mounted; some say that PCB mounted pots are unstable and prone to being sheared off by a clumsy guitarist.

What Twin are you looking at? There are literally dozens of variations on the "Fender Twin", so think about exactly what you're looking at. I think there are 80's variations and 90's reissues that feature the effects loop and 25 watt option, but neither are the "best" examples of Fender Twin Reverb tone.

This one:

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0215700000

To be honest, I'm going to be using a Fulltone Fulldrive MOSFET pedal with it 90% of the time, so unless there's a huge tone difference between The-Twin and the '65 Twin Reverb Reissue, I probably won't notice.

Do you think there's only a slight difference, or that Twin-Amp sounds like ass compared to the '65 reissue?
I have a 65 twin reverb and a fulldrive
You wont be disappointed, sounds bloody fantastic. Just don't count on much valve breakup - it takes some serious pushing. And if your a weedy fellow, liek myself, they are god damn heavy.
The twin amp and the Twin Reverb are two COMPLETELY different amps, everybody thinks that the Twin amp belongs the the the same family as the twin reverb but it doesn't! The Twin amp has much more gain than the Twin Reverb and doesn't have to be cranked to get all that gain. You really need to try them both out! But really if it's cleans you're after go for the Twin Reverb but if you want a nice OD (the one on the Twin is apparently seriously sweet) on there as well you want the twin amp
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Maybe look into the Super Reverb. Outstanding Fender effects and cleans in a 45W size. I'd take it over the Twin and/or Twin Reverb, because I like to get to the point of a little power tube break-up before blood drips from my ears.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.