I bought an aerodyne strat body and im trying to figure out what kind of trem will fit. the center to center measurements look to be 57mm or just a hair over 2 3/16
NEVER STOP PLAYING
doesn't it already have a vibrato?

edit:

misread question sorry
is it the newer flame tops or the black with cream binding one?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Last edited by Chrisiphone at Jul 20, 2008,
I just bought the body by itself. and its not the newer aerodyne classic. Its black with white binding
NEVER STOP PLAYING
Quote by Timi87
I bought an aerodyne strat body and im trying to figure out what kind of trem will fit. the center to center measurements look to be 57mm or just a hair over 2 3/16

The MIA and MIJ bridges will fit.

I was neigh help at all. Thats the one I had. I just thought you had gotten screwed over not getting one or something.
Quote by Ippon
The MIA and MIJ bridges will fit.

So would a 2 3/16 spaced(mounting holes) bridge fit? Even though it measured just a hair over?
NEVER STOP PLAYING
Quote by Timi87
So would a 2 3/16 spaced(mounting holes) bridge fit? Even though it measured just a hair over?

Yep. I have an Aerodyne Strat and its 6-screw holes align with various MIA Strats: AV '57 RI, AV '62 RI, Highway One, etc.
Quote by Ippon
Yep. I have an Aerodyne Strat and its 6-screw holes align with various MIA Strats: AV '57 RI, AV '62 RI, Highway One, etc.

Thank you. It was a big headache for me for a little bit. My plans were to use my mex 6 hole bridge. I thought, how many variations of 6 hole vintage trems could there be? Now im using a mexi neck on my project. Should i be concerned with string spacing on the trem i buy or does it really make a big difference ?
NEVER STOP PLAYING
Quote by Timi87
Thank you. It was a big headache for me for a little bit. My plans were to use my mex 6 hole bridge. I thought, how many variations of 6 hole vintage trems could there be? Now im using a mexi neck on my project. Should i be concerned with string spacing on the trem i buy or does it really make a big difference ?

The MIM Standard Strat has smaller spacing although it'll be perfect for a Squier Affinity Strat upgrade, specially the 2007 and later models with the heftier trem blocks.

The one on your link will fit, except ... DANG!!! $80! If you have an eBay account, you can snipe those for $50 or less including shipping.

I want one of these things very bad. They sound and look awesome. I tried it out through a Blues Deluxe and it still screamed. I really want one of these things very badly.

EDIT: I'm going to put an Ibanez Edge Tremolo on mine, but just because Tom Morello has it on there I'm getting the flame top though.
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
Quote by littlephil
^I want one too. Tom Morellos Strat is sweet

Im actually doing a tom morello strat project. Chrome pickguard, vintage noiseless neck and mid hot rails bridge. I found a rw neck with black headstock and chrome fender logo. I know toms is a fsr american but aerodynes as close as i could get. Im not writing soul power with white out on the front though. **** that
NEVER STOP PLAYING