I bought a Jackson RR3 from guitar center recently (it was a display model), and wanted to know what gauge string Guitar Center puts on their guitar, if they put any new strings on at all.
Should be 9's, that's (pretty much) the standard
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
At least at the GC I go to, they keep the original strings on unless the strings get broken. I would expect them to replace them with the same gauge as the original strings, but you'd really just have to ask them.

As for as what a guitar would originally come with, it depends on the manufacturer. Check their website.

In the RR3's case... NPS 9s
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Last edited by Hakael at Jul 20, 2008,
whatever strings the guitar manufacturer put on the guitar?
MY MUSIC!

Quote by severed-metal

Strawberries are cool in real life, but in ice cream, they're like neighbour kids who live across the street from you who like to steal your virginity.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-6 FR, C-7 FR, C-8
ESP LTD MH-250 w/ EMG 81/85
They probably have a "standard" but for different style guitars it is different.

In the acoustic room at my GC they have all types of different styles.

The semi hollows and hollowboies there mostly have medium gauges (10's or 11s)

The electrics have anywhere from 8's to 12's.

Just depends which guitar you pick up.
Do NOT look behind you.
Damn, guess I have to get the strings professionally put on if I wish to replace them (I have 2 packs of .010s).
Oh, BTW, I got some lemon oil on my strings while cleaning my fretboard (I ain't takin' them off since what happened to my last guitar). I thoroughly wiped the strings with a t-shirt (And pinched my fingernails to get in the "ridges"), but how long will they last before rusting?
Quote by Beebaboo
Damn, guess I have to get the strings professionally put on if I wish to replace them (I have 2 packs of .010s).

Why professionally???
Quote by FRDesign
Why professionally???

Because I don't know how to switch string gauges, especially not on a floyd rose. I have no idea how to do action adjustments, nor do I trust myself to do it correctly with no instruction.
Usually stock guitars come either with strings on them or with a set of factory stock strings that are put on when the guitar is built at the store. Either way, they store itself doesn't put the strings on, or have a say in what gauge are going on the guitars. Usually 9's or 10's. Unless the guitar is a baritone.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Beebaboo
Because I don't know how to switch string gauges, especially not on a floyd rose. I have no idea how to do action adjustments, nor do I trust myself to do it correctly with no instruction.

You might need to add a spring or tighten the screws on the ones you have if you go from 9s to 10s. Otherwise the bridge is likely to not lie flat once you get the strings tuned. I mean the claw screws in this image:

Do well.
Quote by Beebaboo

Loosen, replace and tighten one string at a time, as opposed to taking them all off at once and restringing.
Quote by Chorduroy
You might need to add a spring or tighten the screws on the ones you have if you go from 9s to 10s. Otherwise the bridge is likely to not lie flat once you get the strings tuned. I mean the claw screws in this image:

Do well.

Don't I need to adjust the Truss rod if I change gauges?
Quote by FRDesign
9's to 10's, you should have to.

Damn, that means I need to take it to a shop. I really hate going to the local places because the people who work there creep the hell out of me
It's not a Guitar Center, but I know they put 9s on the ones at my local shop. When I bought my ESP, the guy said they changed the strings because the guy who sold it to them had 11s on it.

Hahaha, forget THAT guy.