Hey Ive been playing guitar for about 5 months now and I need an amp. I've just been using my friend's amp. I'm looking for a small cheap amp, but still good quality. I plan on playing metal. So should I get the micro cube or the micro spider
Spider
cube
Quote by Metallicaxp
why would you buy hollister? Wal-mart FTW!
cube
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Cube.

EDIT: Save up and buy a 20 watt though; you'll thank me a few months down the track. The "Metal Stack" tone on the Cube 20 is pretty good.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at Jul 20, 2008,
if it has to be one of those Id say go for the cube, spiders are just eh digital.

I think that the Roland Cube 15X would probably be better.
I say Spider.

The micro spider has more features as well as the option to save presets. It has an EQ and tuner as well.
The spider is the worst amp I've ever used. I've been playing for 8 years, and the micro cub i the amp I reccomend for every beginner. For metal and versitility, cubes are the best. Rolands are awesome. I've had mine for about 4 years. Roland > line 6 in every area. GET A ROLAND!!!
Cube.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
The Cube.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Quote by SDZAKKMF
I have a recording with a microcube on my music myspace. Purple Haze Cover. That is the sound you can get with it. It is incredible. www.myspace.com/seanmichaels

Howd u get a cover on myspace anyways it sounds good
Quote by Metallicaxp
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
Cube.

EDIT: Save up and buy a 20 watt though; you'll thank me a few months down the track. The "Metal Stack" tone on the Cube 20 is pretty good.
I dont know about the 20 cuz it doesnt run on batteries
Quote by Metallicaxp
Quote by dRummeR94
I dont know about the 20 cuz it doesnt run on batteries

Well if batteries are something you REALLY need, then I suppose it's the little one for you. However you've only been playing 5 months: once you've got a year or two under your belt I can guarantee you're going to want something bigger and better. Buy the 20 now and you can save yourself that.

Quote by Scumbag1792
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
Well if batteries are something you REALLY need, then I suppose it's the little one for you. However you've only been playing 5 months: once you've got a year or two under your belt I can guarantee you're going to want something bigger and better. Buy the 20 now and you can save yourself that.

okay thanks
Quote by Metallicaxp
Quote by dRummeR94
okay thanks

Either way, make sure you buy a cube

Good luck!

Quote by Scumbag1792
i would et a vox valveronix 15 watt it is more versitile
Quote by Punk_Ninja

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day. A week later it was greenday.
If she does anythign like that again I'm going to snap her drumsticks, kick her bass drum in and frisbee her cymbals.
Bet that hondo is a good one! Funny how many little companies we have never heard of are making practice amps.

"spider caz you get more tones, not as good but more" yea quantity is always better than quality.

There are times I have wanted a little batt powered amp. Ive got one of those belt clip things but its not much better than being unplugged. You can always get a higher wattage amp later.