Hi

Tommorrow i am going to visit a guitar shop to test out some amps, so some recommendations of which amps to try out would be much obliged. Im looking in the £200 to £300 range, looking for high gain stuff, since i play death metal/grindcore type stuff- Nile, Psyopus, Architects, dying fetus.

So far i want to try out:
Some randalls (Rg 75 G3)
Roland Cube 60
(tried a peavey bandit already)

Also any tips on what to look for when testing, other than just how good the knobs are and whether i like the tone?

(already done a search on this last bit- yielded not much)
Last edited by ooder the cow at Jul 20, 2008,
I would try every knob to make sure they all do what they're supposed to. Make sure you crank each one at least for a little cause some bads amps will crap out at the higher volumes. I would go tube personally, but I know nothing about your genre or what's available in the uk.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
the tone is pretty much it, but make sure you use a similar guitar to the one you have, dont ask to borrow a firebird/flying v/dream guitar or you will be dissapointed when you take your shiny new amp home
the pic theif strikes again

Member #1 of im not a member of anything, and i dont wanna be. PM me to join
Randall RG50TC would be ideal, but it may be a bit out of your price range
It might be worth saving a bit more and getting a really good high-gain tube amp like a 6505 or the Randall I mentioned
ohai little sig.
Quote by mozzay
the tone is pretty much it, but make sure you use a similar guitar to the one you have, dont ask to borrow a firebird/flying v/dream guitar or you will be dissapointed when you take your shiny new amp home

Yeh, too bad they dont stock schecters. Ill just have to find one with duncan JB.

Is it better to buy Instore or online? its normally cheaper online but instore one can cut deals :p

Ahh i will try the RG50tc, i can afford it but i guess i shall see if its worthy of the extra money. Im also a tad unsure about going tube :s
Save up some more and get a Peavey 6505, they're pretty good for that genre
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Quote by FNAFJ
Save up some more and get a Peavey 6505, they're pretty good for that genre

Anyone know the average used price in the uk?
Yep, I'd recommend the same as everyone else, but spend quite a bit of time with the Roland, because it's just got so much variety, it can do pretty much everything. Also, as a side note, be sure to put a tiny bit of reverb for the Nile tone, I was ecstatic yesterday when I finally got an almost identical sound on a Microcube.

*I love going into guitar shops, pulling out my br00tal BC Rich, and laying down some equally br00tal riffs. It makes the kids trying out their Squier Strats very nervous.
Quote by djurico666
I like to think that after all the hardcore dancers were happy they'd succesfully killed the air ninjas during Suicide Silence, Nile came out and made them all go

Quote by bendystraw
Work on playing with your penis. A dick solo would bring infinite girlfriends.