I've never played through it but I saw it demoed on a Guitar World dvd and it seems to be a decent amp for the price.
I have a Valvetronix AD50VT 2x12 as well, but it's not the XL version and I love it. I think it has a great tone for a amp thats not 100% tube. The effects on it are also pretty good. It's also more than loud enough to gig with if need be.

I got mine for 300 bucks off a guy on craigslist. It was less then 2 months old when I bought it and he had only used it twice so I believe I got a great deal on it. Needless to say, I'm pretty happy about my purchase.

I also think that they don't make the version I have anymore so I was pretty lucky to find one.
i have bought mine brand new for 300 euros, and it's prety cheap, efects are very nice, only thing that i have noticed is that i dont have nice clean sound, always some distorsion
maybe i dont know how to use it yet
great little practice amps, I wasn't terribly impressed with the XL, but still really good for the price.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
great little practice amps, I wasn't terribly impressed with the XL, but still really good for the price.