Hey guys, i'm a 14 yr old kid, i don't really like today's modern music scene but i love classic rock acts like Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, etc.

I want to get into some more "deep cuts" than just them, so could you guys reccomend me some good classic rock bands and some notable songs to listen to from them? Cheers
deep purple and cream
but u probaly alrdy heard of them

steve vai is cool but i dont think hes what your looking for try his cover of *Somewhere over the Rainbow*

u might like Ry Cooder also
" i saw these 2 girls kiss and i i got all horny and stuff"
Quicksilver Messenger Service. If you don't listen to the 13th Floor Elevators, thats a given to check out. Dig the Faces and the Small Faces as well. oh! can't ****ing forget the MC5!

Some albums for starters. I try & avoid watered down greatest hits packages...

Pink Floyd's Piper At the Gates of Dawn
Quicksilver Messenger Service's Happy Trails
Amon Duul II's Yeti
13th Floor Elevator's Easter Everywhere
Love's Forever Changes
The Mothers of Invention's Freak Out
Neil Young's Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

That's just some basic stuff other than albums by the aforementioned Stones, etc.
The idea that media is there to educate us, or to inform us, is ridiculous because that's about tenth or eleventh on their list...
- Abbie Hoffman R.I.P
Last edited by AICriff008 at Jul 20, 2008,
i'll just recommend you albums and you can get torrents for 'em

bob dylan - blonde on blonde, bringing it all back home
captain beefheart - safe as milk
cheap trick - cheap trick
cream - disraeli gears, wheels of fire
david bowie - rise and fall of ziggy stardust, hunky dory
frank zappa - we're only in it for the money
jeff beck - truth
lynyrd skynyrd - pronounced leh-nerd skin-nerd
mc5 - kick out the jams
police - outlandos d'amour

then get some best of's from:
ac/dc
allman brothers
black sabbath
cat stevens
ccr
elton john
eric clapton
the kinks
marvin gaye
rush
van halen
the who

that should get ya goin
Blind Faith- made up of Steve Winwood, Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker and i don't remember the base player. They only did one album but it was really good.

Then Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Greatest Hits- this does a good job introducing you to the music if you aren't already familiar with it.

The Who's Tommy and Whos Next are great choices as well. Along with the other responses this should hold you over.
Check Out some of my recordings Here

"Playing scales is like a boxer skipping rope or punching a bag. It's not the thing in itself; it's preparatory to the activity"-Barney Kessel

Join Band of Gypsys
Thanks for the fast replys, is there a program i can use that will download the entire album? So i don't have to pick off songs from bands one by one?
Quote by CaseOnBass
Thanks for the fast replys, is there a program i can use that will download the entire album? So i don't have to pick off songs from bands one by one?

Yeah, iTunes
Check Out some of my recordings Here

"Playing scales is like a boxer skipping rope or punching a bag. It's not the thing in itself; it's preparatory to the activity"-Barney Kessel

Join Band of Gypsys
Creedence Clearwater Revival
The Who
Def Leppard
Queen
Tom Petty
The Doors
Journey
"I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.."

RIP Jimmy Sullivan<3
*reported*

Classic Rock Recommendation thread
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.