Check out my new guitar that I picked up yesterday -- a Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH. This modern version of the Jaguar was introduced by Fender last month, and when I saw the specs, I knew I had to have one. I'm a short-scale player, and the 24" neck on this guitar is a dream:

The jangly single coils on vintage Jags have been replaced with hotter humbuckers, the bridge has been replaced with Fender's "Adjust-O-Matic" version of a Gibson "Tune-O-Matic" bridge (whoo hoo!), and the circuitry has been completely modernized. Here's the circuitry summary from Fender's website:

"Upper: Master Kill Slide Switch, Neck Pickup Humbucking/Single-Coil Blend Control, Bridge Pickup Humbucking/Single-Coil Blend Control;
Lower: Neck Pickup On/Off Slide Switch, Bridge Pickup On/Off Slide Switch, Normal/Low Cut Slide Switch"

So I get a kill switch, coil splitting, and a cut switch! Sweet! This guitar has tons of tonal options. Eventually, I'll probably want to go with some significantly hotter Dimarzios for both the bridge and the neck, but I'm not complaining. I think Fender did a great job of modernizing a classic guitar, kinda like Dodge re-releasing a 1970 Challenger but with air bags, anti-lock brakes, a modern AC system and BOSE stereo, and a more fuel efficient HEMI V-8.

"In Power Trios I Trust..."
Gibson SG Classic, Fender CP Jaguar Special HH, '65 RI Mustang
'65 Ampeg Gemini I G-12 Combo, Orange Tiny Terror
Here are a few more photos:

Outside

Back Of Body

Bridge and Trem

Headstock

Ha, that does look cool. Congratulations! Are you gonna play it or just photograph it all day?
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Don't know if i'm more impressed with the guitar or the photography work. XD

Very nice though.
Current Gear:

PRS Custom 24 (Whale Blue)
Jackson KVX10 (With SD Blackouts)
Line 6 POD XT Live
So, if my limited understanding of electronics has understood that right, you can get a normal Jaguar single-coil sound out of that AND a full-on humbucking sound just by fiddling with the controls?

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
Ha, that does look cool. Congratulations! Are you gonna play it or just photograph it all day?

LOL. I'm actually back in the house now where it's cooler! It's too hot to take any more "natural light" photos, so I'll be practicing inside the rest of the day! ;-)

Quote by kliider
I cummed

Quote by Kai07
<33333

I creamed my pants

Be careful: if you walk under an ultraviolet light, people will be able to figure out what happened!

Quote by Strat_Monkey
So, if my limited understanding of electronics has understood that right, you can get a normal Jaguar single-coil sound out of that AND a full-on humbucking sound just by fiddling with the controls?

Yes, you are correct. It's not exactly like the coil splitting you get by pulling up a volume or tone knob (those are binary "either/or" switches); rather you can blend a single coil & humbucker tone across the entire range of the metal dial: 0% for single coil, 100% for humbucker, or anything in between. It's very, very cool!
Quote by Ippon
Nice guitar and nice yard!

My wife just said: "That's so cool! Tell that person: 'Thanks for complimenting my yard!'"
sweet jag man
how much did it cost?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by hell_monkey
sweet jag man
how much did it cost?

I paid $665 + tax. The guitar was on sale for $749, and I had a 10% off coupon @ GC.

However, the coupon couldn't be used with any other sale, the the manager offered to knock off 5% from the price. Then I got them to throw out the worthless Fender gig bag which saved me another $40, so I ended paying $665.

I also bought a $250 Peavey Millenium bass for my son @ the same time, so GC was more willing to wheel and deal.

Anyway, I'm really pleased with this purchase. Just need to get some strap locks, and proper case, and lower the action A LOT and I'll be in business!
Quote by Armchair Bronco
My wife just said: "That's so cool! Tell that person: 'Thanks for complimenting my yard!'"
Hats off to your Commander-in-Chief!

I recognize good color combination and textures. I've dug hundreds of planting holes and moved hundreds of retaining wall bricks this Summer "vacation".

Love the body shape.

The billion and a half switches... not for me. I'm sure it's quite versatile, I prefer simplicity, though Beautiful guitar, enjoy it!
Nice, very nice infact!!!! I hate to think how much that would cost for me to buy =( I live in the U.K btw.

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

Quote by Lycan_Ste
Nice, very nice infact!!!! I hate to think how much that would cost for me to buy =( I live in the U.K btw.

With the plunging dollar, you'll just have to wait a few years and you can probably pick up a Jag for a few bob...or a dozen Euros...or two barrels of crude Saudi Arabian oil!
Yeah i know the pound does seem strong compared to the dollar but fender seem to charge you $700 so we have to pay £700 hardly fair but hey i think i would actually pay it for a beauty like that, and good choice on the white =D

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

Nice guitar, I used to be obsessed with Jaguars, but played one for the first time the other day and I ended up being so pissed off.

I wanted such a nice looking guitar to play as well as I needed it to, I hate the feel of them. Just my two cents, I'm not looking to start an Argument here

/Jaguarplayabilityrant
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Armchair Bronco
It's very, very cool!

Damn right it is...

Quote by MoonageDaydream
Nice guitar, I used to be obsessed with Jaguars, but played one for the first time the other day and I ended up being so pissed off.

I wanted such a nice looking guitar to play as well as I needed it to, I hate the feel of them. Just my two cents, I'm not looking to start an Argument here

/Jaguarplayabilityrant

For me, the Jaguar is THE MOST playable guitar out there, followed closely by the short-scale Mustang.

With this purchase, there were 4 things I was looking for in a new guitar, in this order:

1. 24" short-scale
2. 41mm width at the nut
3. 9.5" or 7.25" fretboard radius
4. Humbuckers

The Jaguar nailed all 4 criteria. I was seriously thinking about getting a Mustang and putting some hotrails in it, but then I spotted the Classic Player Jaguar Special and knew that I had found my new axe.

I've had a Squier Jagmaster II for two years -- I love the neck on this guitar. And as someone on another thread said: "If you like the Jagmaster, you'll love the Jaguar. It'll feel the same, just less crummy!"
Just got one of these last week.

Just played around with the switches and the bridge, and I got absolutly PERFECT playability and sound (to me, at least). Awesome guitar, don't regret it at all.

But one question: Those little roller things at the top control wether the pickups are single coil or humbuckers, right? Yeah, do I turn it to the left (From my angle) to get single coils or to the right, or to the very centre? (As stupid as this question sounds :p
Quote by piratemetalhead
Just got one of these last week.

Just played around with the switches and the bridge, and I got absolutly PERFECT playability and sound (to me, at least). Awesome guitar, don't regret it at all.

But one question: Those little roller things at the top control wether the pickups are single coil or humbuckers, right? Yeah, do I turn it to the left (From my angle) to get single coils or to the right, or to the very centre? (As stupid as this question sounds :p

Fender is silent about this on their website, but to my ear, if you roll the control towards the trem plate, you're favoring single-coil mode. If you roll towards the headstock, you're favoring humbucker mode. And if you spin about 2.5 revolutions from either end of the dial, you're splitting the difference straight down the middle. (I've noticed that there's a small hole in each control -- probably for small set hex nut -- that's right at the mid point.)

It's a shame that Fender hasn't released up-to-date schematics and documentation for the Classic Player Jaguar Special HH on its website.
Nice one. I need to try the new MIM jags. THey look pretty suave. Though, they're for wimps who cant deal with the drama from a Jap jag.

^It switches in a cap that cuts some of the bass. Sounds pretty shit and pointless really.