Hi!

As you can see in my sig, I currently own a Roland Cube 30X.

I'm now waiting for an ordered Jackson Warrior in which I'll put a set of Seymour Duncan Blackouts OR EMG 81 & 60/85 and I'm guessing it will be my main guitar (at least for the band) for the following years.

Now, the thing is, sometimes I want to tweak my distortion sound and i don't have that ability with the Cube.

So, I've though about getting the Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem and run it trough the JC Clean mode of the Cube.

The problem is that I've never used an distortion pedal with this amp, so I don't know if the result would be good, being the Cube a modulation amplifier.

Technically, i see no reason for this combination to go wrong, but asking first has never harmed anyone (well, maybe... lol).

Thanks for your help & opinions.

[]
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5
Lucky for you that a Tube Screamer is not a Distortion Peda. I don't know much about the Roland Cube, but if has an Overdrive Channel then your amp with sound Awesome with it. It basically booste you signal a great deal and harmonics will just pop off your guitar
Quote by bdof
Lucky for you that a Tube Screamer is not a Distortion Peda. I don't know much about the Roland Cube, but if has an Overdrive Channel then your amp with sound Awesome with it. It basically booste you signal a great deal and harmonics will just pop off your guitar

Overdrive with a modelling amp....I really doubt it would sound great

I've no experience with pedal+modelling amp combinations, but I can't imagine it would turn out all that well. What is it about the cube that limits gain tweaking, doesn't it have a gain knob?
a distortion pedal into a solid state amp, particularly modeling amps, tends to sound thin and hissy. if u want to be able to make ur own EQ for distortion and a seperate one for clean, since thats what i think ur asking about, i think ur gonna need to just compromise
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Yeah, well... that's what I though...

OK, time for a new amp, I guess.

BTW, when I refer to tweaking the distortion, what I meant was to be able to set the EQ differently from the Clean channel as well as having an EQ powerful enough to really affect the tone and well... the distortion itself. I mean, in a really explicit way.

[]
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5
No dude. Not unless you dig really, really, really, REALLY, vintage pre-Sabbath tones, then don't get the Twin Tube. I tried, thinking it likened to the same tier as a Metal Muff. The metal muff is much more modern. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, but unless you enjoy that type of sound. Save your self the 100 bucks and get the Metal Muff.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
No dude. Not unless you dig really, really, really, REALLY, vintage pre-Sabbath tones, then don't get the Twin Tube. I tried, thinking it likened to the same tier as a Metal Muff. The metal muff is much more modern. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, but unless you enjoy that type of sound. Save your self the 100 bucks and get the Metal Muff.

Hummm, I'll check it out.

But then again, will it sound good with the Cube in JC Clean Mode?

[]
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5
I got a used twin tube mayhem off ebay for cheap and really hate it as a standalone. It definately has a vintage-sound to its gain... and if you crank the gain to get good sustain it gets really fuzzy. I found a use for it by cranking the master to the max to really push the tubes while keeping the EQ flat and only adding enough gain to raise the level over a hi gain british tone from my rig. Used in this fashion, it sounds ****ing amazing and makes my rig sound like it costs 3x as much.
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in