Ok so, at the moment i own a Fender MIM Strat, but ya know, ive always wanted to have a Les Paul. So today I was surfing around on Craigslist, and found a guy who owns a Epiphone Les Paul Plain Top in the Cherry Sunburst, but would rather have a Fender. So I gave him a call, and offered a trade. He said sure, but he gave me some time to think about it...

My strat is in perfect condition, I bought it around 2 months ago. Its polished regularly, i wipe it down near everytime i get done playing it, It gets new strings every 2 weeks, i mean its in outstanding condition. Now on the otherhand, his Les Paul is also in tip top shape, but has a small dent just below the headstock on the neck, which doesnt seem like too big of an issue..

Also, I play alot of Zeppelin, really alot of Zeppelin. Along with alot of Chili Peppers..

So i do wonder..

*How nice is the plain tops finish?
*Would a Les Paul suit my sytle better than a strat?
The Strat would certainly be better for RHCP...

As for Zeppelin, you can probably still get away with using a strat (Jimmy page used a tele for a bunch of the recorded/album stuff, but obviously uses a Les Paul live)...
I'd do that in a second...but i'm biased for LP's anyway
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
I dunno, my strat does zep quite well on position 2 and 4.. Is the LP the bottom of the line epi range? What finish is it? Is the top carved?
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
A FENDER for a epiphone? You have to be joking keep the fender or sell the fender and buy an epi.

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

Quote by Lycan_Ste
A FENDER for a epiphone? You have to be joking keep the fender or sell the fender and buy an epi.

how would you know? you only got a squire! besides its a Fender MIM...
Quote by CallawayGolf9
how would you know? you only got a squire! besides its a Fender MIM...

id take a mim fender over an epi, especially a low end epi any day of the week, any week of the month any month of the year and year of the decade any decade of the century any century of the millenium any millenium of the forever and so on
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
To CallawayGolf9:
I have a squire and epiphone dickwad, and i have played fenders and epi's and fenders pwn them so stfu, thank you very much.

I thought your mom liked people with squiers? she certainly moaned fine last night.

To the TS:

The choice is yours at the end of the day but i would stick with the strat could always stick a humbucker in the bridge.

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

Last edited by Lycan_Ste at Jul 20, 2008,
Quote by Lycan_Ste
I thought your mom liked people with squiers? she certainly moaned fine last night.

*reported*

Keep it civil.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.